Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woul d to think people from Chevy monitor these forums. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL WHY A CAR THAT YOU BUILD IN A DAY HAS TO SIT IN QUALITY CONTROL FOR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! My frustration level is at all time high. A lot of us are probably fianancing a portion of the cost of the purchase, for which have lock in periods usually at 30 days. This delay is causing more than just wait frustration. And nobody knows what the QUALITY ISSUES ARE!! COME ON CHEVY, YOU OWE US MORE THAN THIS!! WE BEEN COMMITED TO YOU FOR YEARS. SHOW SOME COMMITMENT BACK TO US!!!!!!!:angry::angry:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
it's a hard wait. i was in your shoes just a little over a week ago. just hang in there. the cars are starting to ship out of QC at a pretty good clip now... mine... Octane's... Trent's... Teri's... and more.

hang in there. it WILL ship out. GM is doing everything they can to correct problems before we get the cars. they don't want us to have problems with our cars. they need to make a good impression with the Camaro. the Camaro has a lot of "conquest sales" and if they do this car right, then those people may by future GM vehicles.

it takes a lot to build a car... let alone a brand new car. believe me, they want us to all have our cars right now... but they are working thru the kinks. just drink a lot of beer and find something to pass the time. that's what i did. and now the wait is a distant memory for me... and i can't believe i was so worked up during that time period.

hope that helps :eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
it's a hard wait. i was in your shoes just a little over a week ago. just hang in there. the cars are starting to ship out of QC at a pretty good clip now... mine... Octane's... Trent's... Teri's... and more.

hang in there. it WILL ship out. GM is doing everything they can to correct problems before we get the cars. they don't want us to have problems with our cars. they need to make a good impression with the Camaro. the Camaro has a lot of "conquest sales" and if they do this car right, then those people may by future GM vehicles.

it takes a lot to build a car... let alone a brand new car. believe me, they want us to all have our cars right now... but they are working thru the kinks. just drink a lot of beer and find something to pass the time. that's what i did. and now the wait is a distant memory for me... and i can't believe i was so worked up during that time period.

well said :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

Regardless of the virtue of patience, it's still unacceptable. Let's just hope these are the growing pains of a company trying to revamp it's image in a meaningful way (first-rate quality out the gate).

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Regardless of the virtue of patience, it's still unacceptable. Let's just hope these are the growing pains of a company trying to revamp it's image in a meaningful way (first-rate quality out the gate).
I know how you feel...I was wondering, where can we send our Therapists' bills too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to hear, FROM CHEVY, what are the QC issues and why does it take 4 weeks or more to correct them. A little communication would cool alot of flames. But every time I try to get some answers, nobody know nothing. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To all of you that have gotten your cars, I am very happy for you. You have to understand I ordered the 1st day my dealer would take an order, just like most of you that have gotten your Camaros. I'm still waiting, with no light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it cleared QC today, I'm probably 3 to 4 weeks from delivery.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I just want to hear, FROM CHEVY, what are the QC issues and why does it take 4 weeks or more to correct them. A little communication would cool alot of flames. But every time I try to get some answers, nobody know nothing. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the recent SS deliveries I have seen on this forum, it appears there is an 8 - 9 week QC process from birth to delivery for early VINs...it is painful, but that has at least allowed me to re-set my expectations... (which I agree, would be / have been nice to hear direct from GM) :)

When I called Chevy Customer Service yesterday, I was told they can not give me an ETA...not sure why not...maybe they do not know the "E" means estimated... :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
and at least yours is built, i ordered in Oct. and still nothing, hasnt been even picked for production, many of us are still waiting w/o even having a acutal car built and sitting in QC

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agreed. And this process just screams business as usual at GM and thats what got them screwed in the first place. They aren't coming across as a company willing to change for the better when most are feeling this way. They are just going to keep losing market share until there is no left for them. As much as I don't like Ford products at least they know how to run a company properly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
and at least yours is built, i ordered in Oct. and still nothing, hasnt been even picked for production, many of us are still waiting w/o even having a acutal car built and sitting in QC
It is getting old. I just hope that when they get to people like us, our cars don't sit in QC for a month or two.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just think, what would happen if you owned a small business and you treated you best customers the way GM has treaded us?

You wouldn't be in business very long.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Want it right?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
We are starting to see more and more cars getting delivered.

I think the delay between being built and being delivered will shorten as problems are discovered and then remedied on the assembly line instead of a holding area.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just think, what would happen if you owned a small business and you treated you best customers the way GM has treaded us?
You wouldn't be in business very long.
newsflash....................WE ARE NOT GM'S BEST CUSTOMERS. NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10%..............

·
Registered
359 Posts
I woul d to think people from Chevy monitor these forums. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL WHY A CAR THAT YOU BUILD IN A DAY HAS TO SIT IN QUALITY CONTROL FOR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! My frustration level is at all time high. A lot of us are probably fianancing a portion of the cost of the purchase, for which have lock in periods usually at 30 days. This delay is causing more than just wait frustration. And nobody knows what the QUALITY ISSUES ARE!! COME ON CHEVY, YOU OWE US MORE THAN THIS!! WE BEEN COMMITED TO YOU FOR YEARS. SHOW SOME COMMITMENT BACK TO US!!!!!!!:angry::angry:
hmmm, i read all over about the quality issues. there's the door panel gap issue. also the window indexing issue requiring a "reflash". then there's the noise/rattles when going over bumps (don't recall the cause) and of course the positive battery cable rubbing thru on the starter (rumored to start 2 Camaros on fire).

and i also recall an Fbodfather post stating that it takes each Camaro 2hrs minimum to pass thru the QC hold. in an 8hr day.......do the math how many get finished.

but i see what you mean, GM should show us MORE commitment........grow up bro.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.