Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to have this option available for my ;;;cyber grey metallic SS.
That would be a nice Xmas present. Anyone know if this would be availailible somewhere aftermarket and how $$$$much?

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I would like some black 20s for my black 2LT also please:rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you seen black chrome, it could be a powder coat or plated on the factory wheels. I think they look good!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Powder coating looks good just as it you got some black rims. Again though if you are satisfied with the stock rims. Me personally I will be replacing the rims and will probably stick with 19's maybe some te37's if I can get the right off sets

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have talked to a powder coater in Dallas and he said to dip in acid, that cleans the old paint and then powder coating would be $150 per wheel. OUCH!!!

He could powder coat black or powder coat to look like the black chrome. I have seen some of his work on Sewell Hummer vehicles and this guy does good work on the black chrome job. He has said, it will wear for years. It would take about 5 to 7 business days. The baking of the paint on the wheel will not hurt the wheels or any welds...that is what I was told.

I found a guy in Calif. that does black chrome electro plating at $150 per wheel. The cost of freighting out the wheels will be expensive. I think it will take about 7 to 10 days to plate. These guys must be busy!!

Black chrome plating or powder coating should look like this ...I think, someone on one of the websites photo shopped this.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But let me say this :)

Dont want t create any problems
I do not know anyone working for GM that I can convince to have this option;a cheaper option than the 21' wheels black , to be made available with the RS/SS package,. in 20" size, black wheels.
Correct me if I am wrong..but in these forums I have seen at least 2 items GM has adjusted -re popular demand one being Paint color Blue. I think was not offered at first and now is an option. The other item I saw here on the forum was the availablity of polished chrome silver wheels being an option for the RS/SS package, instead of the painted ones. I believe these changes came due to popular demand.
Now I do not know if GM people frequent these forums( I assume they do) , but if there was enough chatter here regarding a cheaper option 20" black wheels, you may see that option come true. IMO, there would be more of the cheaper option on the street than the $4000.00 option. A sharp look vehicle. I would sooner have this option come to me within a resonable price range than go for after markets...
Hoping GM checks our comments and views,,,that is why the BLACK RIM Thread :) Come on GM
M ike

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree I am just going to be glad to be able to get the car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not to worry, the bailout

I agree I am just going to be glad to be able to get the car.
is all but a done deal. The Oshawa,Camaro plant ...may take a holiday...but not slated for closure...from what I have read all along..Camaro production starts at the end of Jan.....so Camaro lovers ,,breath easy...:)
cyber grey / black rims
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
is all but a done deal. The Oshawa,Camaro plant ...may take a holiday...but not slated for closure...from what I have read all along..Camaro production starts at the end of Jan.....so Camaro lovers ,,breath easy...:)
cyber grey / black rims
Mike
I know but I still worry, you know, like about what exectly will the production model be and will the power of the LS3 be cut down. Guess I'm just a worrier:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.