Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be looking for a summer car in a few months and was looking at maybe a camaro. I just wanted to get your guys opinion. And issues you have had with it and things that you like about your camaro. By the way I love this forum you guys seem very smart. I will defiantly be sticking around.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I will be looking for a summer car in a few months and was looking at maybe a camaro. I just wanted to get your guys opinion. And issues you have had with it and things that you like about your camaro. By the way I love this forum you guys seem very smart. I will defiantly be sticking around.
I love my new Camaro drives and handles great. I have the V-6 and been getting around 19-20 mpg in city and as much as 31 on highway. The only issue i had was when i first got it i had a cracked cat. No issues since and had it almost 3 years now. They did this Camaro right :thumbsup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I love my camaro 2SS convertible. With the top down its awsome plus I get 8 to 10 mpg when I don't drive it to hard.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Best car I've owned and the Camaro is number 7.
Great styling.
Overall gas mileage is mid twenties when I drive it hard, high twenties when I drive it easy.
Spacious trunk, even though the opening is small.
Go test drive one!!!! See for yourself what a fun car it is!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I love mine, I have the V6 and have had no issues. I don't drive it too hard but everyonce in a while I do get on it. The only issue is the reentry into the atmosphere at about mach 5 it gets a little squearly...You will love it. I would suggest that what evey you get make sure you get the back up camera..

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
My Camaro I bought used at about 3 years old, and it still seems like a new car. And people are shocked that it's not a 2012 model.

I love it. I've got the Manual6 SS, and get about 22-23 on the highway, and a lot less around the city but that's because I love the way the acceleration sounds. It's worth the lower gas mileage for me to get on it. :)

I have 2 kids, 14 and 11, and they don't fit in the back seat very well, but they can fit. We don't take this car as a family much.

But I bought it for my love of the car, and for my hobby as an autocrosser. And I have to tell you, it's a blast on the course. I won't even tell you the gas mileage I get there.

The trunk is huge, but the hole into the trunk is small.

First car I've never had buyer's remorse for. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a 2012 SS and love it. It brakes better then my 02 Z06 Corvette and handles almost as well. Only part disappointing is the mileage average of 13 mpg everywhere and I use cruise control a
lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys you make me want one even more. I will be buying this car myself and paying cash. But I have to wait till I turn 18 its that kind of money. :( I was wondering your ideas on color I am set between the inferno orange and the rally yellow. I live in Northern Michigan I will put this away for the winter and get out my ford expedition.Also I want to test drive a camaro but the dealers at least the one I talked to says you have to be 18.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've had one issue with the plastic power seat cover on the side of the driver seat. Some of the plastic tabs broke and was hanging off. Was repaired under warranty. That's been it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey just wanted to let you guys know I went to the dealership today. I looked at camaros and silverados, The salesman was the rudiest person I met. He asked well are you going to buy a car today. I said no just hunting have to wait a few more months to turn 18. He says well why'd you come in, I respond saying dont I have the right to look at cars I am trying to narrow down my search. So then he just walked off, Another guy walked up and really nicely said dont listen to him. I can help you look at cars so he got keys for the two camaros they had and keys for a 6.2 liter 1500 silverado. My brother test drove them and I fell in love with them. But I wont be going back to that dealer.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
That's a shame!! That salesman had the opportunity to make a new, life-long customer and he blew it!! For every bad salesman there are plenty of good ones to make up for it. Move on to the next guy who is serious about helping a young customer with his transportation needs. Keep us informed on your search! Best wishes on finding your perfect Camaro!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Summer car? eh? Summers are made for Camaros.
That is all you need to know.You will have time of your life one way or another.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey just wanted to let you guys know I went to the dealership today. I looked at camaros and silverados, The salesman was the rudiest person I met. He asked well are you going to buy a car today. I said no just hunting have to wait a few more months to turn 18. He says well why'd you come in, I respond saying dont I have the right to look at cars I am trying to narrow down my search. So then he just walked off, Another guy walked up and really nicely said dont listen to him. I can help you look at cars so he got keys for the two camaros they had and keys for a 6.2 liter 1500 silverado. My brother test drove them and I fell in love with them. But I wont be going back to that dealer.
Why blame the whole dealership for one bad saleperson? True he didnt meet your needs but it sounds like the other salesperson did job a good helping you, go back to them then complain about the original saleperson to the GM/owner.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Why blame the whole dealership for one bad saleperson? True he didnt meet your needs but it sounds like the other salesperson did job a good helping you, go back to them then complain about the original saleperson to the GM/owner.
I agree! Complain, otherwise you will have other people suffer the same consequences. The dealership would hate to know they have a salesman turning away potential customers. I had a salesman one time that treated my wife like she wasn't even there. So rude to her, she was pissed. So I complained to the management, and got a different salesman, and ended up having a great experience at that dealership. Eventually heard that the guy had more complaints and was fired.

So don't judge them by one schmuck, and let them know they have a bad apple.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes we are very very smart on this forum.;)

·
Registered
116 Posts

I have no complaints with mine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
If for some reason you do have to turn it into a daily driver. I can't say enough good things about the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tires.

The splash guards do seem to help, but a lot of junk gets flung up on the rear of the car. So much that I removed the Defenderworx rear backup light bezels and can't recommend them (for winter use).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts