Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kinda self teaching myself; vie internet; the basics and how to of HHO generators, which is Hydrogen Gas Generators. I figure if I can figure out how to make this work efficiently in my little frontier then I may be able to put it to use in my new Camaro, maybe even allow me to afford a V8...the things we do for muscle!!!:D So guess the point is to see your views on putting a hydrogen generator on a muscle car b/c there is not much on the internet about it. And pretty much anything else HHO related. Right now i'm just mixing the hydrogen with my gas through the fuel line and i'm getting like 25% better mileage; id like to make fully reliant on hydrogen. I put this in the 5th gen discussion because it is vital to me affording a V8, cant wait to hear what you guys have to say...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I find it funny hows theres a ton of INFO on the Net about Making a Hydrogen Gen..."Brown Gas" but not really much info on how to build your own Without Paying for the Info....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just have mine feeding into the fuel line right now. I had to get a sensor, actually my mechanic buddy got it for me, but it confuses the sensor that is already on the car to ignoring the high hydrogen levels. Once you get the amps right, the hydrogen output is so moderate that it just gets pushed into the fuel line via the splice. It really is just adding extra fuel to your car..."extra explosive extra fuel." Its really amazing how much power this stuff has. About the hydrogen commercial cars.. i am not sure..its the same gas "duh" but i am sure technologically it is more advanced.

And yeah I mean if I had spent the time to perfect the process I would probably charge for th information...but every car is different so you would have tinker either way. If you spend the time all the information is on the internet what they sell is basically a condensed version.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Given the volitility of hydrogen what is being done to reduce the cylinder temperatures? That is the problem/cure with N2O the Oxygen burned aide combustion however the nitrogen adds the cooling effect. I would think there would need to be a catalyst as well to help control the burn and not melt pistons etc later on. I am just assuming as I am not a chemist. Just wondering if that would pose the same problem as introducing pure oxygen into the stream.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats way out of my processing range. But i do know that originally mine got really hot and if you use distilled water, and baking soda; as well as fine tune the amp input it gives a moderate enough temperature for PVC to handle. Heat may become a problem as you try to make the engine dependent on Hydrogen though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts