Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, you got it. Chevy HHR is next to get the SS badge.

Expected is the same 260hp/260tq Turbo DI 2.0L 4-cylinder as found in the Ponitac Soltice GXP and the Saturn Sky Redline.
Also expected are 5-speed manual and automatic transmissions.

Debut is expected soon, Woodward Dream Cruise perhaps?

Edmunds article:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=122123#1

I gotta say, this would be a fun little vehicle.
I like the rim design, and the tire choice.
Anxious to see what the interior treatment is like. :)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not a huge fan of the HHR also not a huge fan of the SS badges being put on everything that is top of the line. Its a shame or kick in the nuts to the late model SS. You see a SS back in the late 60's and it meant get out of the way. Now you see a SS monte and **** a altima could put it to shame.

·
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You see a SS back in the late 60's and it meant get out of the way. Now you see a SS monte and **** a altima could put it to shame.
Well ok, here's a test to that:

Line up 2007 Impala SS with a 1996 Impala SS, a 1966 Impala SS, a 1961 Impala SS..... and any other Impala SS ever built.

Also, name the course....
1/8 mile, 0-60. 0-100, 1/4 mile, standing mile, autocross, 1-mile road course, 4-mile road course, Nurburgring.

In every instance, the same car will get to the finish line first.
And guess which one that is.........

You got it.
The 2007 FWD Impala SS would open a can of whoop ass on the rest of 'em. :cool:

Ditto all of the above for the Monte Carlo SS.

Nissan doesn't make an Altima that runs mid-13s out of the box now do they. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Heh not bad looking. Wonder how it will compare to that new dodge thing Caliber or whatever. And I'm with Anxious. Get the SS debadge it and have a little more fun DD. Hell then again a Huffy would be more fun than my DD Tercel. Never though I'd rue the day where I actually miss my Primered black Daytona.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Heh not bad looking. Wonder how it will compare to that new dodge thing Caliber or whatever. And I'm with Anxious. Get the SS debadge it and have a little more fun DD. Hell then again a Huffy would be more fun than my DD Tercel. Never though I'd rue the day where I actually miss my Primered black Daytona.
The caliber gets like 172hp at it's max engine...and then you either get the 5spd manual..or the CVT auto..which is just a giant pile of crap. It's smooth shifting..but it's still smooth shifting crap. And it has Dodge's really-low gear ratios.
The HHR LTZ that has the 175hp ecotec would already beat the dodge caliber down with ease ;).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
The HHR needed something.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And it's official....

Chevrolet has unveiled the latest member of its SS family: the 2008 HHR SS.
The four-door vehicle was specifically developed by the GM Performance Division, a team of engineers and designers who work solely on high-performance vehicles.
The HHR SS features a turbocharged and intercooled engine that can produce 260 horsepower, and a Nürburgring-tuned FE5 sport suspension that delivers 0.86 g grip.
The vehicle also includes various safety features including a StabiliTrak electronic stability control system and four-wheel disk brakes with ABS.
The 2008 HHR SS will be officially launched at The Woodward Dream Cruise auto event, held in Detroit on Aug. 18, and is scheduled to go on sale during the fourth quarter of 2007.
GM Official Press Release:
http://media.gm.com/us/chevrolet/en/product_services/r_trucks/r_c_hhr/08hhrss/index.htm

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
It sounds like SS will be added handling package. So that may rule out a SS Camaro geared to be more staitline.

“Beginning with HHR SS, all future SS models will have superior power, braking and handling capabilities for maximum credibility with our customers and enthusiasts alike,” said John Heinricy, GM Performance Division executive. “The SS badge represents high performance, and the HHR SS delivers with a fully-integrated, balanced driving experience.”

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
2,774 Posts
Not a huge fan of the HHR also not a huge fan of the SS badges being put on everything that is top of the line. Its a shame or kick in the nuts to the late model SS. You see a SS back in the late 60's and it meant get out of the way. Now you see a SS monte and **** a altima could put it to shame.

umm you know they stuck SS badges on V6 and station wagons back in the 60's and 70's too...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts