Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Been struck with Camaro fever and needed guys to share it with. Can't wait till '09 but still love my '89 RS. Long live the small block.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't complain for it being 20 yrs old and needing only minor cosmetic work. This is my first car. Got it when I was 15 and I'll never buy anything else now (willingly anyway:D). And to think I was going to settle for a '92 Z-24 Cavalier:screwy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it with 140k on it and now its upto 175k. Runs like new though and kicks some ass. Smooth car for its age.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I had an 82 for my first car. I said I would keep it forever but I ended up selling it:BangHead: I had an offer I could not turn down though, even tried to talk the guy out of it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've already made up my mind that it will be garaged when I buy my next car. I'll do a full restore on it and then trot it out every now and then so it can eat a few Civics or a Stang every now and then:lol:

BTW what did you think of the pics?

·
Registered
742 Posts
nice camaro man. welcome

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The body looks strait and paint looks good. Is that original paint? It looks like you have took care of it.

mine was dented up pretty bad when I got it. I got it repainted at the school shop. You never seen so many dents.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is a story that will never be believed to be true but it is. Right after the deal on the Z-24 Cavalier fell through our local car dealer, who was good friends with my mom, called us and said for my mom to come over ASAP. A 65yr old woman had just traded in the Camaro for a truck so her husband could get in and out easier. Turns out that lady had custom ordered the Camaro from the GM plant in Bowling Green and it was delivered to her door with 465 miles (I lost the receipt that proves this) on it. She was the only owner of the car and attened NASCAR races with the car and lived only 3 minutes from work so it was a very well kept car. She had it repainted once (she was a neat freak) and had all the receipts for all repairs done on the car. Anyway, the dealer gave her $6k in trade in on it. My mom took it to our mechanic and he said it was good but not to pay more than $3600 for it. The dealer wouldn't go any lower than $4500 on it and my dad said buy it. When we bought it the cars KBB was about $3k. My dad took it out for a spin and loved it. This all happened in one day while I was in school. Dad picked me up from a football game that night and threw me the keys to it and told me it was mine. I'd never seen a Camaro till then but fell in love instantly with it. Its never been wrecked, all the numbers match, and its in perfect condition minus some minor body work and cosmetic repairs. I'm a freak when it comes to my stuff and obsess over keeping it all in working order.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
A 65yo lady huh. Thats cool:cool:. Wonder if she ever got on it?:)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Probably not and I try not to too, but who can't resist showing up a Civic or Stang in that thing. Not trying to come down Civics or Stangs, but the first time I "Raced" in my Camaro I was on a 3 lane highway at a stop light and on one side was a guy in a Civic and on the other his buddy was in a Stang and they were reving for a race. I put my auto in neutral revved it to 4.5k and then put it back in drive and the car lurched forward on the breaks then I proceeded to make them "eat my dust" and drove off and left them. They had me through first then they couldn't make up ground fast enough after that.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice RS.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Seen some nice cars in sigs on here as well. What did you get get for your 89RS when you sold it Octane?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hello and nice car! I'd watch revving and dropping it in gear. Autos don't like that at all.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Yes not good for the trans at all. I have seen a lot broke that way.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Oh ya bad voodoo. Did it once a Loooong time ago in my 73 Nova with a straight 6 and a powerglide. Replaced that trans less than 4 months later. And the 700r4 has a weaker input drum assembly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts