Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all; just thought I'd drop in and see what's what. Been drooling over the 5th gen since the first pics - and since I'm in the UK, that's all I've seen so far!

I'm currently a Vauxhall Monaro VXR owner - for those that don't know what that is - you get it as the Pontiac GTO. Mine's a bit different from the usual (being the VXR) though. I'll get some pics if anyone cares ;)

So we're being told the Camaro is coming here in RHD and for around £30k (about twice what you pay). I don't believe it for a second - it'll be at least £40k (around $80k) since the Monaro cost me nearly that anyway!

Can't wait though - just don't know what colour to get - and I don't think a garage in this country will house the damned thing! :D

Dan
2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR. Sports Pac - Road Response Pac - RipShifter
2007 Citroen C1

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Welcom to the site.:hello:

I would love to see some pics of your car.

Do you guys already have the Vauxhall VXR8? Its the Vauxhall Zeta car simular to the Pontiac G8 that we get here next here.

Wow I didn't realize they cost so much more there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, we have the VXR8. I've driven a couple (track day) and the platform is very impressive. I hope with a shorter wheel base and a little less weight that the Camaro will be more so.

Here's a couple of pics. I've had some work done since (exhaust, smaller front plate etc).

Oh, found some - new exhaust...

New front plate...

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
beautiful car! :thumbsup:

I love the wheels too.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Very nice! I wish the GTO would have kept more of the features of that car it might not have been mistaken for a Grand Am and sold more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, we were lucky as it came here exactly the same as the Holden/HSV. I do love it - but it's going when the Camaro arrives ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts