Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This forum looks pretty cool so far. I was referred via GMI news and I'm glad a 5th gen fan site was started.

Backround on me:
I'm a product designer from MA (yes, I'm a Mass-hole) and recently started a custom car design firm to pay for diapers for my 10 month old daughter and my 70 Nova Pro Touring project. I can show some Nova progess photos and renderings of what it "may" look like in 25 years when I finally have the time to finish it if anyone is interested.

I've had nothing but GM vehicles in my driveway since I got my license and I'm waiting patiently to make a 5th gen Camaro addition in a couple years.

My take on the concept car:
I like it but it will need quite a bit of surface and detail refinement before production. It looks exactly as I expected it would...I don't know if that's good or bad. It's almost like they followed a box recipe for a "Modern 69 Camaro". The profile is great, I like the taillights and love the retro interior, but I hate the grill and lower valence.

Eggcrate grills always looked "cheap" to me though I know they were trying to relate it to the 69 base model. The RS/SS grill was my favorite I guess. The chin is too blocky in my opinion and should have some softness added and weight removed. The "ram-air" slot above the grill looks like an after-thought.

Bottom line: If it stays the way it is with very slight changes (as I've heard it will), I'll still buy one if finances allow. As soon as I get it home I'll probably start sketching and modeling up a new nose. I'll take mine black with black/red interior and the DOD engine so I can commute during the week and thrash it during the weekend!

Ben:)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ben's been kind enough to allow us to use one of his photoshops on our front page. Great work!!

I know all about paying for diapers. I have an 8 month old daughter myself. Needless to say the mod money for my WS6 has pretty much dried up, LOL.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Ben's been kind enough to allow us to use one of his photoshops on our front page. Great work!!

I know all about paying for diapers. I have an 8 month old daughter myself. Needless to say the mod money for my WS6 has pretty much dried up, LOL.
LOL I'm holding our 8 week old daughter as I type this :lol:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Joe you can do whatever you want with the photo as long as my name, logo and all that other junk stay on it. Pass it along, we gotta get this thing built!!!!!!!:D

Congrats on the 8 month old guys! Aren't they great!

I don't like shameless plugs for myself but, the photo-chop is in the current issue of Camaro Performers magazine. I just picked up my copy the other night. There's a huge article devoted to the gen5. Great read!!

Note: I wasn't responsible for the mispelling of Camaro [Camero] on the door (under "Official Pace Car") in the magazine. Their art department accidentally did that.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Hdesign said:
Thanks guys!

Joe you can do whatever you want with the photo as long as my name, logo and all that other junk stay on it. Pass it along, we gotta get this thing built!!!!!!!:D
Done :D
Let me know if you would like me to edit the post in any way :cool:

http://5thgencamaro.blogspot.com/

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow, that was fast Joe. Looks freaking great!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone...I'm gonna have to widen all the doors in my house to fit my head through. :lol:

It's funny, John McBride did those awesome renderings you have from PHR magazine in the photo gallery and Joe's avatar. I contacted Primedia (the corporate publication company that owns all those great mags) and emailed them that photochop literally the day after they hired him for PHR to do the renderings. We were both thinking the same thing. John's a great guy and extremely talented. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to meet up with him and anyone else at SEMA this year. It's really important to me to meet as many people as I can in person. That's the goal....if I can convince the wife that the prospective business networking is worth the expense of the trip.

·
Registered
503 Posts
:hello:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts