Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Id say its for a Ore sale but the discription says pre owned...i wonder whats the deal

THIS VEHICLE IS ON ORDER AND SLATED TO HIT THE GROUND MARCH 2009
It looks like this dealer special ordered one with everthying. As far as it being used? A dealer once told me that if someone buys a car and drives it back on the lot five minutes later to return it, they have to sell it as used. Maybe he plans to run a sale through on it and then return it back to stock and sell it used. Who knows. Of course, even at used, I would expect a few thousand knocked off the price.

·
8,984 Posts
I made an offer of $54,000, but asked him how many miles it had on it?

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
hmmm i smell a rat

DescriptionCodePriceCamaro 2SS1ET37$34,180.00Hydra-Matic 6L80 Automatic TransmissionMXO$995.00Cyber Gray MetallicGBV$0.00RS Package for SSWRS$1,200.00Black Leather SS InteriorAFM$0.00Power Sunroof with express open and ventingCF5$900.00Factory Subtotal$37,275.0021-inch Wheel/Tire Pkg #1VZP$4,865.00White Hood/Hockey StripeVYP$510.00High Wing Spoiler5V5$620.00Gray Car Cover w/ Black StripesVRU$360.00Ground Effect PkgVTD$2,265.00Dealer Subtotal$8,620.00Total$45,895.00+ Tax, Title, License, and Dealer FeesBookmark / email / post this link to share your choices with others!

With pretty much every option and im sure tax, the hurst shifter, short headers,and painted engine cover doesnt come to 9 grand not sure what else you can add? ( I don't think it had some of these options either).

·
Banned
1 Posts
It's not a scam it's supply and demand

These are the emails I am getting. :BangHead:

I am interested in this vehicle. Please contact me via email with more information. I would like to schedule a test drive, as per the video. I can be there whenever you need me there to do so. Also do you have more of your initial allotment, I have several people interested also.

Thanks, Bill

Ok I am going to lay this out plain and simple for you and "ALL" of the Camaro5 and 5thgen, to read...

Do you have nothing better to do then send stupid emails? I ordered my Camaros and this is what I am asking for them. Why don't you email the handful of people that have already posted theres on ebay? I am going to give you few people who don't understand economics or advertising a quick leason!

1) Supply and Demand! Hmmmm 3000 cars for Q4? 600,000 people interested?

2) Cars.com doesn't have the ability to advertise the car as new and is why it is being listed as used. Read the ad!!!!

3) To all of the people here that ordered theirs, Congrats. I am in the business of selling cars. You love your cherished Camaros and I just want to sell mine, for a profit.

4)And anyone that has a Corvette ZR1 at window sticker I'll buy it from you and give you a profit!

·
Registered
338 Posts
These are the emails I am getting. :BangHead:

I am interested in this vehicle. Please contact me via email with more information. I would like to schedule a test drive, as per the video. I can be there whenever you need me there to do so. Also do you have more of your initial allotment, I have several people interested also.

Thanks, Bill

Ok I am going to lay this out plain and simple for you and "ALL" of the Camaro5 and 5thgen, to read...

Do you have nothing better to do then send stupid emails? I ordered my Camaros and this is what I am asking for them. Why don't you email the handful of people that have already posted theres on ebay? I am going to give you few people who don't understand economics or advertising a quick leason!

1) Supply and Demand! Hmmmm 3000 cars for Q4? 600,000 people interested?

2) Cars.com doesn't have the ability to advertise the car as new and is why it is being listed as used. Read the ad!!!!

3) To all of the people here that ordered theirs, Congrats. I am in the business of selling cars. You love your cherished Camaros and I just want to sell mine, for a profit.

4)And anyone that has a Corvette ZR1 at window sticker I'll buy it from you and give you a profit!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Supply and demand is right. When the Harley-Davidsons were in high demand, the dealers first started accessorizing the hell out of them and calling them customs and marking them up. The dealers got sick of selling a bike on Friday and seeing it in Sundays paper marked up a few grand. Harley then let them mark them up as the market demanded. They also forced people to buy the extended warranty. The idiots that are willing to pay these prices are the ones responsible. Today I heard an ad on the radio for new Harleys marked down 20%. The same thing will happen with the New Camaro. I for one will keep my 2002 SS before I will pay one extra cent. When resale time rolls around and you go to trade in your 2010 Camaro that you paid an extra $5000.00 for, they will laugh at you when you think that you will get your extra money back. Maybe I don't get it though, I use my SS as my daily driver and not some collecters item.

·
Registered
471 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts