Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I'd ask if anybody had hobbies besides those involving automobiles.

I compete in triathlons. So far two sprint distance ones, one Olympic distance, and one half Ironman.

And I raise ball pythons. Started out with one from a petstore in college now I have too many to count and it's turned into a pretty successful side business that is allowing me to order my Camaro. Here's a few examples of what I have.

The one at the bottom of this first pic is a normal so you can have a frame of reference for the differences of the others.

Chris

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I never really thought of power washing as a hobby :D
It sounds odd, but I like what the finished product looks like. I have sand blasted before and I really enjoyed it. It's also the same with snow removal. I love shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. I think it'd be so much fun to push snow around with a truck. :lol:

It's just nice to see how clean something can look, or in the case of snow, the "path" you just created.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For me it's motorcycles:
'02 Kawasaki KLR 650 (for sale)
'94 BMW R 1100 RSL
'74 Honda CB 360 (daily rider resto)
'73 Honda CL 350 (trailer queen)
'72 Honda CB 350 (resto, possible parts bike or for sale)

These vintage Honda's can be bought cheep not running, and flipped after minor work. Parts are plenty, even NOS stuff is still out there. I won't get rich from'em, it's just fun to work on the bikes of my childhood days.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Motorcycles, dogs, and airplanes

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I never really thought of power washing as a hobby :D
or intriguing for that matter.

as for my hobbies...only have time for 2 hobbies lately...taking care of my family and house. But I love movies, horror movies especially...if you want to count that as a hobby.

I've always been a musician (guitar and bass). It's been a long time since it was a serious hobby, just started playing again after almost 10 years (since I left my last band "Powerfreak":rolleyes:). I picked it up again because my son likes it. Back in my starving musician/band days, we opened up for some pretty well know bands, got some college radio play and got to play at CBGB's a few times which was great.

It was a fun chapter in my life, but when my band broke up it was like ending a very serious relationship...I didn't even want to play any more.:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Photography would be my main hobby. Followed by Military Studies. I always have a book I'm reading in regard to the topic.

·
8,984 Posts
It sounds odd, but I like what the finished product looks like. I have sand blasted before and I really enjoyed it. It's also the same with snow removal. I love shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. I think it'd be so much fun to push snow around with a truck. :lol:

It's just nice to see how clean something can look, or in the case of snow, the "path" you just created.
That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weird as I do the exact same thing, except snow, and feel the exact same way.

I used to raise venomous reptiles.

Mating pair of SA Rattlesnakes.
Mating pair of Gaboon Vipers.
Mouintain Rattle snake.
Forest Cobra.
Monacled Cobra.

And a Iowa Cornsnake, just for fun. The others tend to get a little testy when you handle them.

I stopped after college.

Now, kids, brew beer, build 4x4's.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

Tell you what Bubba,We have a couple big snow storms that are spose to be Comming through this week your more than welcome to come Push the snow around at my house and Shop! I got a Polaris Sportsman you can use to PLOW! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Tell you what Bubba,We have a couple big snow storms that are spose to be Comming through this week your more than welcome to come Push the snow around at my house and Shop! I got a Polaris Sportsman you can use to PLOW! :thumbsup:
I swear I would take you up on that if you lived closer!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used to raise venomous reptiles.

Mating pair of SA Rattlesnakes.
Mating pair of Gaboon Vipers.
Mouintain Rattle snake.
Forest Cobra.
Monacled Cobra.

And a Iowa Cornsnake, just for fun. The others tend to get a little testy when you handle them.
Never raised any venomous myself and have no plans to start. But I know a couple guys that had some.

Me near a gaboon that had been de-venomated.

Also worked with some big retics for a while. My brother and I with a 20 ft ~ 150 lbs snake (or part of it anyway)

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Model Railroad HO scale
video games when time permits (lately rockband)
die cast hunting
every so often I break out my slot car track (3rd gens and second gens)
Halloween building props for our party

1 - 20 of 34 Posts