Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I'm the jealous type...so I'm going to have to say here:

WTF GM?! You give us the 6 cyl launch and Australia the 8cyl?! How many members are on this site of the "other" site are from Australia? Must be a ton to give them the big daddy reveal. Jerks.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Nice, especially in black, but WTF Chevy! America should have gotten an SS here for the Reveal. Foolish. Regardless, I love this car, and as long as we get it, I'm happy.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The SS badge would be in the same place that the RS badge is on the other cars... lower driver's side of front grille.

And this is an SS without the RS package - hence no HIDs/Halos.

The V6 is being marketed first here in the US because that's the model that needs to sell well for this car to succeed. :)

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
The SS badge would be in the same place that the RS badge is on the other cars... lower driver's side of front grille.

And this is an SS without the RS package - hence no HIDs/Halos.

The V6 is being marketed first here in the US because that's the model that needs to sell well for this car to succeed. :)
Whoa Whoa - maybe with the flood of information I missed this tid bit --- RS package includes the HIDs etc? RS package is available with the SS package?? I love retro :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
this may be the stupidist question you'll hear all day if you get an SS with the RS package what badging do you get SS alone RS alone or SS/RS

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoa Whoa - maybe with the flood of information I missed this tid bit --- RS package includes the HIDs etc? RS package is available with the SS package?? I love retro :cool:
Yep.
Here's the details on the RS Package:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7048

this may be the stupidist question you'll hear all day if you get an SS with the RS package what badging do you get SS alone RS alone or SS/RS
You get SS badging, but instead of the badging being silver, it's red.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Man, that video is worse than NO VIDEO. Seriously, was there no video cameras there, just someone's cell phone?

C'mon, GM! Step up! The engineers have hit a home run. So far with the unveils, you've watched 2 fastballs go by without even swinging. I LOVE this car, but you are making me unexcited about the launch.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
It actually makes sense. I'd say SS would stay, because the LS and LT don't have any badging on them, so it should be reserved for those 2. On the other hand, the SS already comes with an SS badge, so it'd be foolish for GM to take the SS off. Kinda difficult to explain.:BangHead:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let's keep in simple shall we. From 67-69 when you had an RS and SS package car, you got SS emblems. Sure...you got all of the RS changes as well, hidden headlamps, stripes, etc. But you got SS emblems. So we can chalk it up to tradition.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts