Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching Barrett Jackson and one of the announcers said that Chevrolet announced that today.

I searched here and gminsidenews and chevrolet.com, but did not see it.

I did read some of the discussions over the GTO like ute and I have seen a Chevrolet Tornado, down in mexico, which is just a rebadged Holden ute.

I posted pics of it earlier last year, but I want to see the press release.

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah saw those.....

...looking for the CHEVROLET press release that was alluded to on Barrett Jackson...

nothing n pontiac.com so far.....

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody seen the press release?

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
The ST would probably sell well if they offered it in other trims besides the top-of-the-line $31,000+ one.
thats what I am thinking..I know trucks cost alot now a days but to make it something worth looking at it has to be more than just the top of the line..it has to be a stripped down model too...seriously..if they got it to 25K then I could see it sell..:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Lu the 300HP V6 would be nice and would be a 25K winner!

and it has been said by GM that the wagon is not coming..Lutz said it himself..

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mmmmmm........diesel

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
That depends. I mean the GTO is always considered a flop for some odd reason but in actuality it is not. A tad over 14K units sold, all V8's of course. Thats more than either of the premium v8 F-twins and more sold than the premium V8 mustang as well bland styling and all. If it could sell the same for a premium only style I would actually consider it a success if it outsold other vehicles of the same designation (premium V8). The only reason I won't be buying one is I will be getting the Vert Camaro. Otherwise I'm sold on it and I think they will do the same as the GTO, better if they score a hit with the styling.

·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Barrett-Jackson isn't exactly one of the most reliable news sources, you know. He was probably referring to the Pontiac.
Really?

Now the announcers may not be, but Barrett Jackson? That's a good one.

And I was referring to GENERAL MOTORS NA as a whole, not just one division. I misspoke.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
I know I'll regret saying this, but I'm liking it more by the day. If they made a 4/5-seater (I know, not exactly easy) I would be looking even more closely.

It looks like a grown up Del Sol. :D *ducks*

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.