Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you rolling in a 2005–2008 Acura RL take note: Honda has issued a recall for your power steering hose and being the educated consumer that you are, you won't have to wait by the mailbox to know about it.

The high temperatures created by the V6 under the RL's hood are apparently causing some cracks to form in the power steering hose that could lead to fluid leaking onto the catalytic converter, resulting in a fire, which is bad.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/18/honda-recalling-43-000-acuras-for-power-steering-hose/

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Fluid leakage may cause a fire in your Acura? Good. Let the POS BURN TO THE GROUND!!!:lol::lol::lol::patriot:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Finally! I've been waiting for them to make a recall on that damned car. It's about time they recognized a problem with it. That car has reliability issues but it's not a big seller. I think there's probably 42,000 world wide. Lol.

LT16SPEED, I dedicate my following fact to you ;):

The RL Is built and designed in Japan. It's 100% Imported. Have a blast. ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Finally! I've been waiting for them to make a recall on that damned car. It's about time they recognized a problem with it. That car has reliability issues but it's not a big seller. I think there's probably 42,000 world wide. Lol.

The RL Is built and designed in Japan. It's 100% Imported. Have a blast. :D Also, aside from being a fun drive, I don't care for that car one bit. It's ugly and looks like the designer got lazy. For the $ I'd waste on an RL I could have a beautiful CTS.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Those of you rolling in a 2005–2008 Acura RL take note: Honda has issued a recall for your power steering hose and being the educated consumer that you are, you won't have to wait by the mailbox to know about it.

The high temperatures created by the V6 under the RL's hood are apparently causing some cracks to form in the power steering hose that could lead to fluid leaking onto the catalytic converter, resulting in a fire, which is bad.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/18/honda-recalling-43-000-acuras-for-power-steering-hose/
So, they didn't have a temperature rating on the hoses they used? Nice. You would think that ALL of the hoses would have to withstand certain temperatures. So much for logic.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

The RL Is built and designed in Japan. It's 100% Imported. Have a blast. :D Also, aside from being a fun drive, I don't care for that car one bit. It's ugly and looks like the designer got lazy. For the $ I'd waste on an RL I could have a beautiful CTS.
OMG that's almost too easy! You just lobbed me a softball! All I can say is....:lol::lol::lol: I wonder if the quarter panels will start to rust out in 2 years like Honda Accords and Civics do???:patriot: P S Dawn(?), I think you have the right idea...buy a CTS instead!;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
OMG that's almost too easy! You just lobbed me a softball! All I can say is....:lol::lol::lol: I wonder if the quarter panels will start to rust out in 2 years like Honda Accords and Civics do???:patriot: P S Dawn(?), I think you have the right idea...buy a CTS instead!;)
Even when I was selling Acuras, I wasn't a fan of the RL. For the $ there are so many better cars out there and I've been a sucker for the CTS since I saw Matrix Reloaded back in '02. I think it's Cadillac's best design yet.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just figured out what "RL" stands for....Real Loser....or...Really Leaks!:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
They are working on the same strategy as the Tundra to get "car of the year" awards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts