Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Fast 102 intake manifold. Got it because it was a good deal. Have not gotten the throttle body yet but eventually will, either the fast big mouth or the nick williams. I have been reading some forums stating that they really did not see any gains:(. I am also waiting on my LG headers and x pipe. Should i install the fast intake? Would it be worth it? I will eventually get cammend but not any time soon.I own a 2011 L99, if you got any advice for me, i would greatly appreciate it, thanks again in advance....

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your biggest bang for the buck will probably be the long tube headers. The biggest plus for the intake is the ability to run a 102mm throttle body. Otherwise gains are marginal and you probably won't "feel" any difference. I, myself, would install the intake just because I like the looks and continue to mod and upgrade as my budget allows.

Did you get the fuel rail kit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the LG headers already installed. Absolutely amazing. I have not gotten it tuned yet because i was deciding wether or not to put on the intake. Yes i did get the fuel rails to go with it. I have not yet bought the 102 throttle body, because i was not able to get that yet, but i did buy the vmax velocity ring to go with it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welllllllllllll..... when you ask will it be worth it to install the intake: are you doing the work yourself?

You already bought it so that money is already spent... a ported LS3 is better than the fast out of the box but a ported fast102 is better ... but do you have a need for the air?... not really right now but you wont lose power either...

they really come into play on bigger engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts