Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have had a hellacious week with a GM service department working on my Alero. Their initial "repair" caused a followup issue which they claimed was the fault of my original key and not the ignition they installed a week ago. They initially wanted to charge me $650 more (on top of the $900 they charged last week) to fix it before they finally comped the service, which they wouldnt have done if they didn't truly mess up. They have lied to me again today and want to charge me $500 to fix my fuel guage which they pegged out during this last service. They told me that if they don't mean to break something while they are working on something else, it's not their responsibility to fix it. Many in my family have always worked for GM as long as I can remember and I hope to one day work for corporate so you know I'm not a GM basher, nor will this deter my loyalty from the greatest car company out there. But please, does anyone know where I can go with this so that the real GM can come down on these crooks?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
wow...that sucks. Especially the part..."They told me that if they don't mean to break something while they are working on something else, it's not their responsibility to fix it." THAT'S BS. Obviously they didn't mean to break it, but it shouldn't be your fault that they don't know what they're doing.:angry:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think I need to say this, but I will...."Get a new dealership!"

Incompetence is one thing, but when it's spoon fed with a load of BS on top, time to walk!
Believe me, I am. I'm new to the area and this was just the one I picked. As soon as they fix this situation I'm long gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts