Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from me but here it goes. With this being my first post and all I don't want people to get the wrong impression. However comma I feel the need to gripe about this to people who are understanding. Meaning all of the other fellow enthusiasts and potential buyers.

First, I am going to go ahead and say that the option availability and package setup for this vehicle is not what I would expect. If I want to buy a brand new car I want the car that I want i.e. if I want halo headlights, I shouldn't have to buy a spoiler and change the color of the wheels. If one should want ambient lighting they shouldn't have to pay for leather upholstery. I think the ability for customization is what makes a new car the car to buy. Modification post purchase on a new car is retarded(unless of course we are talking performance wise, because that is simply never retarded.) But to go as far as to say that those that want the automatic with tapshift can't have the LS3 that's just ludicrous. Bottom line here being that limiting the personalization of the vehicle for the consumer is not something that I consider a "good sales tactic." If people want certain things on their car they should be able to select a single option and that option only. I understand that with all vehicles there are "packages" however to make all the options part of a "package" of some sort is ridiculous. Basically that is what GM has done with this, halo lights-RS package, ambient lights-leather package, LS3-manual package, different sized wheels-different body trim package. If every option you have to buy, have to purchase at least one or two other options, they are no longer "options" they all become "packages" to a certain extent.

With that being said I love the vehicle, I think that the wait has been justified each time I look at this thing. The "breaking news" that was advertised was well kind of disappointing. However, to hear some news and be able to call it official for once is actually a good thing. I think that more information could and should have been presented, but I do understand that GM doesn't want to show the whole hand just yet.

I am proud once again to be able to say I am a Bowtie supporter. For a few years there it had become quite the scary thought to not know whether the Camaro was going to come back. But now that it has, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to roll around the corner so I can get my new present. Thank you to all the members of the focus group, those of you who supported this build, and each of the members of the boards across the net that helped bring this thing to life. I would like to think that every enthusiast had a part in reviving this beast.

Matt:patriot:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Very eloquent first post. You can only go downhill from here, you understand. :D

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Welcome to the site Matt! :5go:
I would like to think that every enthusiast had a part in reviving this beast.
You're absolutely correct about that!
As a focus group member, it's certainly a privilege to bring the voice of the enthusiasts to GM, and then bring the info back to the enthusiasts!

This is definitely the most "enthusiast-injected" Camaro ever built, and all of us on 5thGen.org are happy to provide and discuss the information. :)

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Well hey Pacer can't say I can argue with you there. I as well as many others have might say the same thing..why this and not that..it holds true. but hope the aftermarket and or boards like this will let you get these little bells and whisltes that might not be part of the package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.