Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after months, literally about 16 months, of dealing with Heidts and their lack of customer/technical support, and doing all I could to try and get my front end to cooperate with me, I finally decided to go with another manufacture. My first decision was to get rid of my drop spindles, and go with lowering springs. What a difference!!!

To the rescue came Hotchkis, and I want to personally thank them. First and foremost, the Military discount you gave me was extremely appreciated, and the customer service was second to none. The craftsman ship and quality of the tubular a-arms is unsurpassed compared to the Heidts and Amazing! Everything bolted together perfectly, with no hiccups, or headaches, as you would expect. Aligning the front end was easier than it's been the last year and half. More than anything, the car drives Amazing and handles better than EVER!!! I was skeptical at first, but the feeling is so noticeable, and still amazes me. Granted it's not a new 5th Gen, but every since installing the complete Hotchkis Suspension, I've had a perma-grin from the initial test drive.

The ride is so comforting, forgiving, but yet so aggressive all at the same time, that this past weekend I drove Jade from Alabama, all the way to Central Missouri, up to Jefferson City. In 4 days, I put about 1500 miles on her, and she handled like champ!!

Once again, Thanks to Hotchkis Suspension!!! :5go:

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Bucky,

Congrats on getting Jade set up again. i just found your thread today and saw the engine, rear end, ect.... Very nice.

I know September has come and gone and I missed the Hotchkis sale, but I am deciding on going Hotchkis now or Speed tech, like the road assault set up, a coil over system. I am looking for reviews on speed tech now.

It is such a big deal, I am taking the time to decide. I thank you for the Hotchkis input.

Also i am still considering the Black Livewires, but they have gone up. I have talked to Jason a few times, and it is still a do able thing.. Question. What tire are you running up front ? My concern is having too low a profile when I head into a turn . Maybe a 45 on 18" rims ??
Again, you and Jade keep me on track..the new gen gets me off track....

Bucky. Thanks. You are the ride that keeps me on track to make my 71 the best.. i get strayed by ZL-1's and should i do this, or that. I will stay the course on my 71 and see it through to be the sweetest 71 I can make it. You keep me motivated because your car is so nice...Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts