Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ended up deciding to go to the mountains for vacation. We are going tommorow. For you guys in the area, what is the weather like right now? Are the trees changing colors?

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also any of you over that way know any good driving routes?

We are staying in Gatlinburg. We normaly just driver over to Cherokee and back, but I'd like to do some more driving if anyone has any good routes to take.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You can get up a lot of speed going down the mountain;)

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
averaged 513 MPH! nice! got there pretty quick huh?

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
averaged 513 MPH! nice! got there pretty quick huh?
Yeah it was flying:lol: I have one pic a 999 MPH:D

There was a sonic boom when we passed the speed of sound LOL

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
and was this when you were driving or does this happen at startup? might wanna take it in and get a new cluster.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No there is nothing wrong. On the way back, we were at the top of the mountain and traffic was backed up from the top of the mountain to Gatlinburg and we were only moving every few minutes. I just put in in N and let it roll when they were only inching up. I guess the computer only caculates distance vs time engine is running. So when you move without the engine running, it counts distance, but does not count the time. Then when you start it it thinks it went as many miles as it rolled with the engine off in the time that the engine has been running.

example: roll 1 mile with engine off, start engine for 1 second, then its 1 mile per second. 1mile*60seconds*60minutes= 3,600mph

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
:lol: thats crazy. that things a time machine! that or you found a worm hole.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Drive the Tail of the Dragon!!!! It's a thrill!!!
The Smoky Mountain Park between Gatlinburg and Cherokee is a very nice drive. I also like the Blue Ridge Parkway from Maggie Valley all the way up to Boone.
Have fun!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts