Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple makes arguably excellent products, but their corporate strategy seems to be to make enemies of the entire industry.
Apple deals massive patent blow to HTC, Android in serious trouble | ZDNet

They are using patents (what dimwit granted them I wonder) on what are foundational concepts for writing applications that process data transmitted over a network -- stuff I do almost every day. I guess Apple should sue me for being a database administrator, you know for violating vague patterns patented by Apple. Time for governments everywhere to whip this megalomaniacal company into line!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
don't drink the apple juice!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Apple is fast losing it's stranglehold on the mobile OS market, so it has to resort to tactics like this. More and more people have embraced the Android OS and Apple is scared.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Apple is fast losing it's stranglehold on the mobile OS market, so it has to resort to tactics like this. More and more people have embraced the Android OS and Apple is scared.
Not from recent reports. Apple took over Nokia recently.... and also gaining lost ground from Android phones as well.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Apple is just an apple, ya enjoy it for a while & its over :lol:
My lil brother bought one, he had a hell of a time trying to get Windows XP
installed in a partition of his hard drive, for his class at collage,
because all of his teacher's used XP & their assignments were in XP :facepalm:
Apple stores freaked on him when he brought it in for repairs :(
Not an Apple fan much, it can be a bit over priced too IMO.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't know much about patents, but one thing I do know is that one of the goals is to make them as "generic" as possible. If you owned the patent, thats what you would want. As broad a protection as possible. If the patent was granted, then it needs to be upheld. Apple makes great, innovative products and then the rest of the industry tries to play catch. I use both PC's and Macs personally and in business. Bottom line is I use what works. And Apple makes great products IMHO that simply work...but I also realize they are'nt for everyone.

That being said, the last thing we need is disfunctionaly government, stepping in and trying to fix something that isn't broken and isn't hurting anyone. Lets start by having the government break themselves up a bit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts