Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday my buddy and I did the headers and intake. Came out very well sounds great, ill post pics in another thread. Ive put about a little over 100 miles on it and no check engine lights :confused: not that I want them, but they should be there correct?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any day now! Mine threw a code 2 min after install. Some have went months! But it will happen!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I went about two months, 2 or 3 K miles. The day after I had my dyno tune my CEL came on. They have to turn off the rear O2 sensors. If you don't tune it, you may never see a code because it is running too rich (or is it too lean? I forget).

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
When the cel pops up, is a crap-shoot???? Varies from car to car, but it will eventually. I threw my scanner on and everthing is showing ready, except for Evap system and catalyst. Funny thing is the heated o2 sensor and o2 sensor are both showing ready. How can both o2 sensors be in ready state and not the catalyst???

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I put 2000 miles on my car before I got my first header/CAI related code. But I have a V6 and can't tweek it with a tuner like you can.
I had one (CAI) related somewhere 5000-6000 miles into it. I don't know if it was the cause, but it seemed the MAF screen needed a little cleaning. Any loose joints in your CAI system (between the filter and throttle body) can be an entry point for dust and other particles.

·
Registered
720 Posts
10k miles with my K&N Aircharger CAI and no CEL....i've heard it's mostly different for each sensor like for the MAF sensor something like 45 min. average but i could be wrong

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
10k miles with my K&N Aircharger CAI and no CEL....i've heard it's mostly different for each sensor like for the MAF sensor something like 45 min. average but i could be wrong
If all you have is the K&N cai, then you're good. We're talking about LT headers and no tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts