Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Camaro production anything like the GTO where it was only to have 3 model years? Is there a definitive date when this generation is to be done? Is there a 6th Gen in the works?

With everything happening in the automotive world, I can't help but wonder what truly will come of the Camaro. An announcement was made yesterday stating that the Corvette is not set for target practice, but I have to wonder how GM and the Government truly feel about the Camaro. How important is this first year of sales going to be for this car?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
from what i heard, a 6th gen is in the works... but with today's volatile environment, there are no certainties for anything :eek:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I doubt a big redesign or anything for awhile, especially with everything going on.

Ford gave the S197 some new clothes for 2010. I bet Camaro sees some new metal by 2015. That Sounds somewhat far away, but living on loans and such, I doubt anything in the next 3-4 years.

I'm wondering if Camaro will ever see another engine. Most likely GM will give Camaro "Bump" Engines, Engines that receive small rises in HP as the years progress, the 82-92 F-body is a great example. I expect the LS3 to be here for a very long time.

EDIT: It'd be super retro to have new sheet metal in 3 years, just like the '67 Camaro getting fresh looks for '69. Doubt it will happen though.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Is the Camaro production anything like the GTO where it was only to have 3 model years? Is there a definitive date when this generation is to be done? Is there a 6th Gen in the works?

With everything happening in the automotive world, I can't help but wonder what truly will come of the Camaro. An announcement was made yesterday stating that the Corvette is not set for target practice, but I have to wonder how GM and the Government truly feel about the Camaro. How important is this first year of sales going to be for this car?
Part of my reason for sticking with my order is personal concern about the future of the car after government ownership of GM and mandates to increase fuel efficiency using hybrid and electric powerplants (in order words, get it while the gettin's good). Right now the future of the Camaro beyond the 2011 model year seems uncertain, IMO.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

Again, the GTO was only intended to be around for 3 years.
The Camaro is planned to be produced as long as they can sell enough from what I've heard.

Until we see how GM shakes out, nobody can predict anything.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, which is why I wondered if the Camaro may have some sort of expiration date similar to what we've seen in the past.

So it seems that its future is up in the air at this point.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The Camaro will upgrade to a generation six car. With Mr. Obama running GM, the car will become much more eco friedly and fuel efficient. In fact, it will not even burn gasoline or use electricity! It will have a fresh air engine just like the one on Fred Flintstone's car. Think about how easy a brake job will be. All you will need to do is get new Reboks.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
The Camaro will upgrade to a generation six car. With Mr. Obama running GM, the car will become much more eco friedly and fuel efficient. In fact, it will not even burn gasoline or use electricity! It will have a fresh air engine just like the one on Fred Flintstone's car. Think about how easy a brake job will be. All you will need to do is get new Reboks.
You make me wanna take off go home and Plant a Tree :p

Camaro means Friend.....friend to the enviroment :)

Camaro's used to roam the streets and terminate Mustangs now they make the enviroment smell like a bounce sheet how sweet.

HELL NO :angry:

I agree with helping the air but there are a lot of other things to do on helping that.
LEts quit cutting down trees for more parkling lots and cement.

Gm is pissing my monkey off :mad:

·
Registered
77 Posts
alright i hope that the production will last a long while, at least until i get mine :). i was at the dealership looking at the display model and i asked the sales rep when mass production was gonna happen. he said theres a limited release and that he didnt know. does anyone know when the mass release is going to happen?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
You make me wanna take off go home and Plant a Tree :p

Camaro means Friend.....friend to the enviroment :)

Camaro's used to roam the streets and terminate Mustangs now they make the enviroment smell like a bounce sheet how sweet.

HELL NO :angry:

I agree with helping the air but there are a lot of other things to do on helping that.
LEts quit cutting down trees for more parkling lots and cement.

Gm is pissing my monkey off :mad:
Camaro is a car name devised by a GM marketing team that was inspired by the French word "camarade", which is synonymous with "friend".

·
Registered
165 Posts
alright i hope that the production will last a long while, at least until i get mine :). i was at the dealership looking at the display model and i asked the sales rep when mass production was gonna happen. he said theres a limited release and that he didnt know. does anyone know when the mass release is going to happen?
that has been going on since march 16th 2009 dont let any dealer try to fool you on the limited run thing they try to use to their advantage. just another excuse for them to mark it up. dodge dealer pulled the same **** with the challenger. had one even tell me they would only build challengers for late 08 and 2nd quarter 09 and that was it no more again.
what was even dumber was when they said that only 2500 camaros would be built a year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
my brother goes to school at kettering in michigan(old gm university) he said that one of gm's engineers an alumnist was driving next generation camaro prototype and said that it looked more like the early seventies cars not sure if he was mistaken or just confused hes more of a vette guy but still that would be pretty cool those were sweet looking cars

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts

The GTO was intended to be around longer than that, but due to pitaful sales, and lack of nostalgia, it was short lived.

If sales are decent, it should be around for a minute, unless of course GM folds.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
that has been going on since march 16th 2009 dont let any dealer try to fool you on the limited run thing they try to use to their advantage. just another excuse for them to mark it up. dodge dealer pulled the same **** with the challenger. had one even tell me they would only build challengers for late 08 and 2nd quarter 09 and that was it no more again.
what was even dumber was when they said that only 2500 camaros would be built a year.
:agree: couldnt have said it better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts