Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should you wait before doing a burnout?

Im getting ancy, I have around 650 miles on my car. Wondering if I need to wait till closer to 1500, or if I can get on her a little bit.

Wondering what other people have done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I did one in the dealership parking lot when I picked the car. The salesman thought it was awsome! I beleive you should break in your car the way your gonna drive it. Plus I'm not positive but I think they are detuned a little for the first 1500 miles or so as a brake in. I felt my car picked up a bit more after that point.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Everytime I picked up a new car I did one out the parking lot and down the block. LOL Its the only proper way in my book. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I waited tell 1000 kept it like a baby, but its my daily Driver as well, I usually agree with drive it like you plan on driving it. But when these toys are so expensive its some times worth the wait to break it in right. :black5thburn:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
It could be calculated by how far it is from your house to the dealership.

That's how miles you have to drive before you pick up you car and do burnouts.

Seriously:

Many people are easy on them for the first 1000 miles or first oil change.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
It could be calculated by how far it is from your house to the dealership.

That's how miles you have to drive before you pick up you car and do burnouts.

Seriously:

Many people are easy on them for the first 1000 miles or first oil change.

I tend to not do many burn outs as tires get pretty expensive. However running the backroads like I did this last week are pretty hard on them as well.

I say if its a hard burn out wait for 1500 or 2000 miles thats me .

·
Registered
328 Posts
I waited until after first tank of gas. Don't forget to shut off the traction control like I did:lol: The rear end gears get really hot while breaking in, I could smell diff fluid for the first week, that is why I waited awhile.:gears:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ummmmm. I just don't quite know how to respond to this thread without coming off looking like an ass (flame suit on). How about this... When you have put away enough money to afford multiple $700 sets of tires.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ummmmm. I just don't quite know how to respond to this thread without coming off looking like an ass (flame suit on). How about this... When you have put away enough money to afford multiple $700 sets of tires.
Wait, hold the presses, you are holding your tongue! :eek: Where is the Trent I know and love!! :slap:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah you can do it right there and then but people always say give it 1,500 miles before getting on it...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It's only money -- just make more! :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts