Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles should i put on my camaro before i try to drive it a little hard?

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
You're going to get all kinds of answers on this one. Best advice: Follow the instructions in your owner's manual. GM wrote it. It's their warranty.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

·
8,984 Posts
Try searching brother!

Welcome!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Matt-a-Tat....

If I had your new car, I would be asking the same Question....Can I yet ???:confused:

I would follow what Patriotpa says:thumbsup:, so get driving and get those miles on it:5thgensteer:...Red line is waiting for you....:gears:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i had to get on it a little hard to cross an intersection and now i have the fever!
and i'm tired of all these mustangs driving around me thinkin' i'm scared..haha

·
Registered
728 Posts
Now that is Funny..
Be Patient..
When I rebuilt my LT-1, in the first 100 miles a few guys thought they had won....I saw them again....Pulls crazy hard to redline..I got a special cam that is like a rubber band being snapped past 3500 rpm....All the way to 7000 plus...

Then they knew the real story.

Soon they will know your's......

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
yeah, i had to get on it a little hard to cross an intersection and now i have the fever!
and i'm tired of all these mustangs driving around me thinkin' i'm scared..haha
Be careful. The street isn't for racing. Do what I do. If someone wants to run, tell 'em to put up and show at the track.

You have nothing to prove. You drive a Camaro!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
FYI, for those getting a ZL1, the "break-in" period is 1500 miles recommended before popping over 80 mph.

I normally take them to about 1200-1500 miles before I feel comfortable mashing the throttle without regard. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rolled over 40k yesterday. Is mine broke-in?
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts