Modern Camaro Forums banner

how many miles to break in new camaro?

7K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  chrisrp454 
#1 ·
How many miles should i put on my camaro before i try to drive it a little hard?

#2 ·
You're going to get all kinds of answers on this one. Best advice: Follow the instructions in your owner's manual. GM wrote it. It's their warranty.

#5 ·
Try searching brother!

Welcome!

#7 ·
yeah, i had to get on it a little hard to cross an intersection and now i have the fever!
and i'm tired of all these mustangs driving around me thinkin' i'm scared..haha

#11 ·
Be careful. The street isn't for racing. Do what I do. If someone wants to run, tell 'em to put up and show at the track.

You have nothing to prove. You drive a Camaro!

#9 ·
Now that is Funny..
Be Patient..
When I rebuilt my LT-1, in the first 100 miles a few guys thought they had won....I saw them again....Pulls crazy hard to redline..I got a special cam that is like a rubber band being snapped past 3500 rpm....All the way to 7000 plus...

Then they knew the real story.

Soon they will know your's......

#13 ·
My wife cried herself to sleep after seeing my break in procedure. Give it a pretty easy, normal 50 miles and then started 0-80 full throttles and no down shifting or engine breaking. The car flies!

#14 ·
FYI, for those getting a ZL1, the "break-in" period is 1500 miles recommended before popping over 80 mph.

I normally take them to about 1200-1500 miles before I feel comfortable mashing the throttle without regard. Your mileage may vary.

#15 ·
Rolled over 40k yesterday. Is mine broke-in?
;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.