Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just want to know.. gotta '12 ss L99.. slapped a Borla s type catback and a k and n cold air intake on it.. she runs way better, but I'm wondering, if I were to get a custom tune, about how much HP am I looking at gaining? Thanks in advance..

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Most appreciable hp gains that you'd need a tune for are mods like long tube headers, or a cam upgrade, or forced induction (SC or TC). But if all you're gonna do is the k&n and Borla catback, then I wouldn't tune it, just go with what you have an enjoy.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
CAI anywhere from 8-12 hp gain. The tune is hard to say I picked up almost 50 with CAI, tune and resonator, muffler delete.

The correct tune wakes the L99 up! Just make sure you find the right shop to do it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So i just want to know.. gotta '12 ss L99.. slapped a Borla s type catback and a k and n cold air intake on it.. she runs way better, but I'm wondering, if I were to get a custom tune, about how much HP am I looking at gaining? Thanks in advance..
I did the SLP axle back muffler delete and their CAI where yhe filter is down in front of the front bumper. Did a dyno before and after. SLP listed a 35 HP gain on the motor. I only got 10 RWHP. What was really neat was being able to drive on the dyno myself. It seemed like forever going from 5000 to 6300 RPM (rev limiter). Also saw the speed limited to 155 MPH message on the DIC. Didn't want to do the tune but may give in to one in a year or 2.

My 2010 Camaro 1ss 6m dyno before & after the mods below

1 - 4 of 4 Posts