Modern Camaro Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

· Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
mkaresh.. nice to see your on top of this, sorry for not responding back last year, I sold Frost & got Shadow, the problems w/ any of the vert(s) or me vert's have been posted, minor issues, nothing big.. :lol: & :5go:

· Registered
4,590 Posts
hotrod you should sign up

· Premium Member
6,274 Posts
...I wonder how many people sign up to post they have NO problems? I'll bet not many!

...and how many sign up just to diss the competition? (Fanboys)

· Registered
4,590 Posts
...I wonder how many people sign up to post they have NO problems? I'll bet not many!

oh I don't doubt that, but it is a decent reference tool ... I've looked at what they have for the Camaro and what they have for other cars ... it does give some idea ... and the longer I stay on there with no problems, the better it looks ... that said, my one problem has been my HUD going out and I think it blinked a couple of times yesterday :( I've gotta watch that.

· Registered
4,590 Posts

· Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
oh I don't doubt that, but it is a decent reference tool ... I've looked at what they have for the Camaro and what they have for other cars ... it does give some idea ... and the longer I stay on there with no problems, the better it looks ... that said, my one problem has been my HUD going out and I think it blinked a couple of times yesterday :( I've gotta watch that.
Whats weird.. mine hasn't gone away.. in a while :eek:/:facepalm: + :lol::lol:

I bookmarked it :D

· Registered
4,590 Posts
Of course, if you cant duplicate it at the dealer, it didn't happen :( .... post 2500 :lol:

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2013 Camaro: 26, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 27, low
2011 Camaro: 20, low
2010 Camaro: 27, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2010 Camaro: 81, < 1

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Camaro reliability ratings and comparisons

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

I've seen zero evidence of the latter.

As for the former, the stats exclude pre-existing problems. This is an ongoing survey, and it measures what happens AFTER people join.

· Premium Member
6,274 Posts
NO problems here!

· Registered
4,590 Posts

· Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
Ive done so... still none yet :yay:

· Premium Member
6,274 Posts
I don't give away info for free to someone who's making money off it.

· Registered
4,590 Posts

· Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
Sadly... you would think, this thread would be huge, guess we got good Camaro's :D

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I don't give away info for free to someone who's making money off it.
What we do with the information is provide it to other members. Who get it for free by helping to provide the information.

Each member puts in a couple minutes a quarter. My wife and I put in about 100 hours a week.

This doesn't seem like a fair trade?

As for who participates, this is commonly misunderstood. Anything that happens before someone joins isn't counted in the stats. Most of the people responding report no repairs. For some car models hardly anyone reports repairs.

· Registered
4,590 Posts
I find it interesting to scan through the stats each quarter and yes it is literally a couple of minutes to input my "no problems" ... it took minusculely longer to input when I had a problem with my HUD ... I did find it also interesting that there were a "couple" of others that had a HUD problem

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2013 Camaro: 13, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 17, low
2011 Camaro: 29, low
2010 Camaro: 25, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2010 Camaro: 80, < 1

The sample sizes were too small to have this second stat for other model years. Additional participants would be very helpful.

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
New stuff this time. We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through the end of 2014. Plus we've added reliability trends graphs. These indicate how a model's reliability has changed as it has aged, and how different model years performed when the same age.

2013 Camaro: 6, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 22, low
2011 Camaro: 36, moderate
2010 Camaro: 13, low

2010 Camaro: 88, < 1

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be. We especially need more cars for 2012 and up (but more 2010s and 2011s would also be helpful).

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

To view the new graphs, select "reliability trends" in the breadcrumbs at the top of the page. I've attached the one for the Camaro. IIRC, the peak at the beginning of the 2010's run was due to the tendency of the rear spoiler to come loose. Nothing much since.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 93 Posts