Modern Camaro Forums banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
So, how have these cars been doing lately?

Our reliability stats for the Camaro now include owner experiences through March 31, 2015. (Others are nearly a year behind.)

In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 Camaro: 0, low, small sample size
2013 Camaro: 11, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 17, low, small sample size
2011 Camaro: 30, low
2010 Camaro: 13, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2010 Camaro: 88, < 1

Next updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats for other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Camaro reliability

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Our reliability stats for the Camaro now cover the year ending June 30, 2015. (Others are over a year behind, and so report how these cars were doing when a year younger.)

Repair trips per 100 cars:

2014 Camaro: 0, low, small sample size
2013 Camaro: 5, low
2012 Camaro: 28, low, small sample size
2011 Camaro: 28, low
2010 Camaro: 22, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2010 Camaro: 78, < 1

If a model year isn't listed, or its sample size is small, then we especially need more owners involved.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet Camaro reliability ratings and comparisons

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 Camaro: 9, low, small sample size
2013 Camaro: 6, low
2012 Camaro: 38, moderate, small sample size
2011 Camaro: 26, low
2010 Camaro: 14, low

2010 Camaro: 88, < 1

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

· Registered
4,590 Posts
Its interesting how your site is laid out and the info provide ... thanks

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources.

In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2014 Camaro: 8, low, small sample size
2013 Camaro: 11, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 26, low, small sample size
2011 Camaro: 27, low
2010 Camaro: 24, low

2010 Camaro: 81, < 1

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through March 31, 2016, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2013 Camaro: 10, low
2012 Camaro: 27, low, very small sample size
2011 Camaro: 17, low, small sample size
2010 Camaro: 11, low

2010 Camaro: 92, < 1

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through June 30, 2016. Reliability information elsewhere is based on a survey conducted in April 2015--well over a year ago.

2013 Camaro: 16, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 20, low, very small sample size
2011 Camaro: 15, low
2010 Camaro: 7, low

We'll have further updates in November and next February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the Camaro to include owner experiences through September 30, 2016.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year (lower is better):

2014 Camaro: 16, low, small sample size
2013 Camaro: 23, low, small sample size
2012 Camaro: 13, low, very small sample size
2011 Camaro: 12, low
2010 Camaro: 7, low

Additional participants always helpful, especially for years without stats or with small sample sizes.

· &#12518;&#12461;&#12498;&#12519;&#12454;
1,441 Posts
I know there's lot's of 1st year issues....some are similar and other issues are all over the place...I had the exhaust rattle with the dual mode exhaust but hopefully the fix will hold, and also changed my rear diff fluid for some chatter/groan that come up after 6k miles....but my biggest issue with the 2016 is the quality of the paint job is nowhere near as good as they when they were coming out of Oshawa.

Looking forward to seeing the 2016 data....

· Premium Member
6,274 Posts
If you want a LARGE sampling, search is your friend.
Edmunds for one.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have felt that it was startling, notwithstanding, that while one of my basic clarifications behind starting this investigation was to outfit Detroit with a measurement playing field, it has constantly been more straightforward to get enough owners for imports.

· Super Moderator
64 Posts
I have a 2010 LS, with just over 295,000 miles on it, LLT V6 too.
Will have 296,000+ by Thursday morning.

They are as reliable as the person that maintains them,.

V6 guys, keep checking that oil!
With the miles I am at, I add ~one quart every ~1250 miles.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts