Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove:
1. the Front Bowtie off the grill
2. The small ss on the drivers side grill?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Anyone tried taking the factory front emblem apart?
Just remove the gold portion?
Thoughts?

I want to take them out to be properly color matched to my IBM.
I got vinyl online to see if I'd like the look but the color just isn't right.

Thanks in advance
:5go:
its double sided tape, so hair dryer or heat gun then take a flat screw driver and push it from the back, there are openings near the tabs. Make sure it is heated enough and GO SLOW because it will crack if you rush. wear a pair of gloves so u r able to hold it when it gets hot. When i did it i started on 1 side, got that lifted a little, then used a butter knife to keep it apart while i worked on the middle. The 1st time I did it was fine, i wasnt completely happy with with my paint job and realized it after i re-taped it. the 2nd time takin it off i rushed and... crack!... I have an aluminum 1 now, but thinkin about pickin up another stock bowtie, and doin it again. good luck

ps: u also dont need to unbolt the cover up top to take the bowtie off. basically u can just pull the bowtie off. just steady firm pull, start from one side, it will pop out, then the middle, then the other side. just when u think its not gonna work is when it will give

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
the ss isnt hard. just use a flat head screw driver and it will snap off. theirs tabs on the side of it. i havent taken off my bowtie. cant help you there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts