Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I tried some of that Car Art paint and I did a manta on my hood. I waxed it right before appling the paint.(don't think it has to be waxed) It took one can to do the hood. It is rubberish when it dries, but you can wipe it off with your finger, but water does not wash it off. Its kinda like dry erase marker sorta. it wipes off with a cloth. The paint comes out as a flat metalic looking finish. I ended up not really liking the look on the car. The original paint was not harmed at all. This could be used for different looks just for special occasions. Here are the results.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this, someone else's example

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
You could play a pretty nasty practical joke with that stuff, but you might get your ass kicked.

·
Registered
381 Posts
some of the 4th gens (ls) I never had a feeling for..always liked the look of the lt1 4th gens......:)..but yours..is just right on...I think it looks bad a$$ ..
tires.wheels,stance....I like it..

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some of the 4th gens (ls) I never had a feeling for..always liked the look of the lt1 4th gens......:)..but yours..is just right on...I think it looks bad a$$ ..
tires.wheels,stance....I like it..
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
wow, never heard of the stuff. That is a great tip. I would be a little afraid of staining, but after seeing you do black on a white car I'm not nearly as concerned.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
It'd be cool to do the entire car for a few days....

·
8,984 Posts
I think I am going to try this on the Rampage. Where did you pick it up? Autoparts dtore or did you order it?

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Nobody asked you. I found it all over the internet smart a55, I am looking for it locally.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
So no one knows a local store to get this at? Duplicolor had this page:

Dupli-Color :: Where to Buy

But it was just generic. I followed links to my local auto parts stores, and on their websites, O'Reilly's was the only one to even list the products.

Duplicolor CA200 - Temporary Paint | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I'll probably just order from Amazon if I can't find it locally. Might do this for my Autocross numbers :)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought it at Autozone.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts