Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Confused on header choice here. ARH 1 7/8 long tube short system with x-pipe and cats or ARH 1 7/8 long tube with x-pipe and cats.... Difference? Hp?

·
Registered
358 Posts
What do you mean by "short system"? There are long tube headers and there are short tube headers. I have the long tube and gained about 20 rwhp with a complete system. LTs, high flow cats and a Borla cat back which includes an X pipe.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
American Racing offers a "short" system which can bolt up to the factory or after market cat back system. The other system includes an x-pipe that will go to an axle back system. both of which are long tube headers. I have a Flowmaster cat back system so i bought the short system. I think this is what you are actually comparing

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
do you have a cat-back or axle-back exhaust already?

if you have a cat-back, go with the short system.

if you have an axle back, go with the standard system which includes the x-pipe.

if you still have stock exhaust i would go with the short system, then get a cat-back whenever you can afford it! IMO headers with a cat-back is a simpler and cleaner system; no cutting of the stock system required!

the ARH x-pipe is no better than any aftermarket cat-back system, so no need to waste a few hundred bucks on the system with the x-pipe :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts