Modern Camaro Forums banner

HPS -GMPP New LS9 Supercharger Kit INSTOCK...

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  weland 
#1 ·
HPS has one of the New GM LS9 Supercharger Kits IN STOCK and ready for
shipment!

Detailed Description

Intake, Plenum, Injectors. No harness, front end accessory dirve, or controller.

Fits any LS3 / L92 style head

Gen IV Supercharger with Twin Four-Lobe Rotors
State-of-the-art supercharging technology is one key to the 6.2L LS9s remarkable performance. This Gen IV V-8 represents the first original-equipment application of Eatons twin-rotor R2300 supercharger—one of the company's Twin Vortices Series (TVS), which introduce the sixth generation of joint Eaton/GM Powertrain supercharger development. The LS9 supercharger displaces 2.3 liters, compared to more conventional superchargers of 1.5 liters or less, and generates maximum boost pressure of 10.5 pounds per square inch (0.72 bar).

A supercharger is essentially an air pump driven by the engines crankshaft. It forces more air into the engines combustion chambers than that engine could otherwise draw on its own. The increased volume of oxygen allows the engine to efficiently process more fuel, and thus generate more power.

The TVS takes supercharging technology to new levels of refinement and efficiency. Each of its two rotors has four distinct lobes, or spiral-shaped vanes that intermesh precisely with those on the other rotor as they spin at high speed. Efficiency gains with the four-lobe rotors are substantial, compared to comparably sized, previous-generation superchargers: approximately 20 percent more airflow, with an improvement in thermal efficiency up to 15 percent. Moreover, parasitic power loss—the amount of power the engine uses to operate the supercharger—is reduced 35 percent. That improves both supercharger response time and the engines overall efficiency.

With the LS9, the numbers speak for themselves: 103 horsepower per liter displacement, with substantially higher specific torque than comparably sized engines from Ferrari and Lamborghini. Yet impressive output figures tell only part of the story.

The TVS superchargers large displacement expands its effective range, building power more quickly at low rpm. Its four-lobe rotors spin at up to 15,000 rpm, or slightly more than twice the engines rotation speed, to sustain its benefits at high engine speeds, when many superchargers lose their effectiveness. Theres no high-rev power drop-off in the LS9.

Nor is there typical supercharger whine—the high-pitched, whizzing sound emanating from a supercharged engine as the rotors spin furiously. The four-lobe design helps lower noise radiating from the supercharger case as much as 10 decibels. Sound pressure is nearly identical whether or not the supercharger is generating boost.

The R2300 supercharger case and integrated intercooler have been tailored to the space available in the Corvettes engine bay. Despite its relatively large displacement, the supercharger sits neatly atop the 6.2L LS9 under a slight, see-through bulge in the ZR1s carbon-fiber hood. The air inlet and drive pulley are located at the front of the case, and the LS9s overall height is only slightly taller than the standard Corvette LS3 V-8.

Integrated Dual-Brick Air-to-Liquid Intercooler
An advanced intercooling system increases the 6.2L LS9s performance and extends its superchargers benefits. The engines charge cooler is integrated in the supercharger case just above the rotors, with two air-to-liquid cooling “bricks” that substantially lower the temperature of air used in the combustion process.

Intercoolers are familiar features on supercharged and turbocharged engines. Similar in concept to an engines radiator, intercoolers cool the air pumped by the charging device into the cylinders. Cooler air is denser air, which means more oxygen in a given volume, resulting in optimal combustion and more power. Traditionally, intercoolers look like small radiators mounted somewhere outside the engine, with air fed into the engine through a plumbing network.

The LS9s intercooling system raises the bar in both packaging and efficiency. It uses two low-profile, aluminum tube-and-fin heat exchangers mounted longitudinally above the rotors in the supercharger case. Air pumped by the supercharger flows directly through these bricks to the intake ports on the cylinder heads. The bricks are cooled by their own coolant circuit, with a remote pump and 3.62-liter capacity heat exchanger mounted in front of the Corvettes radiator.

Bottom line: The temperature of air fed to the LS9s cylinder heads is reduced 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), substantially increasing the amount of oxygen available for the combustion process. The intercooler design also contributes to the superchargers quiet operation. The cooling bricks help dampen sound radiating from the supercharger case, while ribs cast into the top of the intercooler housing add strength and reduce vibration.

$6400.00 plus shipping.
Call for Installation Price

See less See more
#2 ·
In order to make this upgrade possible in the LS3 (Camaro SS M6), what other changes/concessions would need to be made in order to successfully install these parts? Would I need a new hood, new suspension, new headers, new exhaust, etc?? Thanks and your price seems very palatable!! :D

#5 ·
The olny thing I would want to know is if by installing GM parts to their specs, do we keep the entire factory drivetrain warranty?

#7 ·
wow wtf are you kidding me?? I signed up on this site primarily to get info on the LS9 and/or blower kit and swapping it into a new Camaro, but $10k+ for a supercharger kit is ridiculous. I put my last intercooled eaton setup together for less than half that. The complete LSA engine with supercharger and intercooler assembly is available for only $14k. GM is obviously just trying to capitalize on the people with more money than brains and those willing to spend whatever it takes to get the newest and greatest thing, and also trying to justify why the complete LS9 is $10k more than the LSA even though for the most part they're essentially the same thing.

from the looks of this GM hasn't cleaned up their act at all, they're the same bunch of greedy *******s in different suits

#9 ·
i dont believe so. theres a list somewhere of everything you get. there should be a bunch of wiring and theres parts our cars need for the pulley system that arent included.

#11 ·
The countdown begins (for me) next summer. That's when I start saving for a maggie.

The weather is great today and my Camaro is in the car hospital (accident last week) :(

And yeah i know... :violin:

:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.