Modern Camaro Forums banner

HUD fading in and out

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RS_2LT_SummitWhite11 
#1 ·
While driving Cami last Friday...I realized I had no HUD display. Couple minutes later it displayed but kept fading in and out the entire day. This happened once again on Sat. Well took her into dealer(yes still under warranty) on Tuesday. They called me and said...yes they ordered new part to replace the HUD. Weds...someone ordered the wrong part. Thursday...the correct part came in....BUT the entire dash has to be removed to replace the HUD. Hopefully she will be ready to be picked up today.

1- they gave us an Impala as a loaner(yea...I'm not driving it)
2- today will be 4th day I'll be forced to drive....the MUSTANG.
3- you better believe when either I or Mike pick up Cami...we will be inspecting every inch of the dash to make sure it's in pristine condition.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your problem, but glad it's covered by warrantee. This would be my worst nightmare as mine is not:( :

:rock5thvert:

#4 ·
Make sure to look at the windshield ... I didn't, pulled out on the road and the sun hit it, what a mess ... I should have gone back, but I was just happy to have the Camaro back

My HUD went totally out at 2000-2100 miles, they first thought it was the switch, but it wasn't, it was the whole thing. Soon after that I thought I saw it blink once, but it was quick and hasn't done it again ... maybe it was my imagination

#5 ·
Picked her up FINALLY on Friday. HUD is much brighter. Also I noticed...my stock HUD the display had a bluish tint when projected on windshield. The new replacement...I notice has a greenish tint when displayed. I may be wrong...but I seem to recall did they change the display color with the 2014s. Did I read this in a post way back when?? Doesn't really matter. Important thing...it's fixed...got my baby back...cost me nothing.

#6 ·
I thought the 14s and 15s were color ... my 12 is blueish

#9 ·
Glad you didn't have any scratches or nicks on your dash like mine turned out. I had to take it in 4 times on dealerships tab to have them replace the dash... yes 4 times. And yet they still have the same incompetent technician working at the dealership. :confused: I reported them to BBB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.