Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....new member here from Michigan;) I had a '08 Mustang GT, started looking at the new camaro's, went down to the dealer & he came within $500 of what I paid for the car as a trade-in:thumbsup: So on July 5th I ordered a new '11 Camaro LT2! here is my question...I was planning on adding some tint to my windows! The car also has "HUD"...will the added tint to my windshield have any effect on the performance of the "HUD"?? Thank you for any comments & help you can give me!!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I am glad you saw the light :bow_gm: Welcome to :5go: From NJ....

That is a good question but I don't have the answer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OverAnxious....I have had a sun allergy problem for 30 yrs.....I have the okay from the secretary of state to tint my windows...just wanted to know if it will effect my HUD at all?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There are several different kinds of tint. Some have metal in them and these can interfere with cell phone and radar detectors. You will have to visit a tint shop and see what they have. The shop here in Myrtle Beach had 5 categories of window tint film. Each had brochures on what the tint was made of and any side effects it had associated with it. There are also many percentages of tint in each category to choose from. Google your state for tint guidelines to see what is legal in your state. Many states do not let you tint the front windshield over the OEM tint.
Great choice of car! Good luck and enjoy!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
OverAnxious....I have had a sun allergy problem for 30 yrs.....I have the okay from the secretary of state to tint my windows...just wanted to know if it will effect my HUD at all?
It's good to have the papers for sure, just be sure you aren't doing anything you shouldn't as they will be asking you to pull over from time to time :D

Regarding the technical aspect, I'd shoot a PM to Fbodfather (Scott), I'm sure he can get an accurate response from the Chevy engineering team :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
no. tint will not effect the HUD. unless you get it put on the front windshield.
lol wowzers

anyways to the OP. Yes it does influence the HUD. Some have said it is very minimal, some have said it gives the image a very rough edge. From what I understand there is some type of film (a very small patch) where the HUD is intended to project upon the windshield. sunscreen material will alter that patch.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
lol wowzers

anyways to the OP. Yes it does influence the HUD. Some have said it is very minimal, some have said it gives the image a very rough edge. From what I understand there is some type of film (a very small patch) where the HUD is intended to project upon the windshield. sunscreen material will alter that patch.
sorry, i didnt see that he said windshield. yes it will effect the front windshield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts