Modern Camaro Forums banner

hugger orange 80 camaro

12K views 84 replies 13 participants last post by  bad436z28 
#1 ·
hello all im new to the site,been lurking awhile,i have just purchased an 80 camaro its pretty solid have had it about 4 months,its gonna need a full restoration.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
thx chief mojo i love the second gens too there my favorite,yeah i got pretty good deal on this car it was a roller no engine or tranny,but i already have my engine built been building it for a year so stay tuned.i picked this car up on craigslist for 300 dollars that was a steal.gonna need lots of tlc and work but my time is free so the only cost involved is some new sheat metal.thx for looking this is my first restoration and first 2nd gen so be patient with me i will have lots of questions,thx.kevin

#4 ·
Hello & Welcome to :5go: from Central Texas!!! Have Fun with Ur Restro project!!! Look forward to seeing pics along the way.... What Plans do U have for it???

#14 ·
thx guys im proud to be a member,not sure yet if its gonna stay orange,would love to paint it inferno orange but we will see,not sure yet,mostly depends on cost of paint and what deals i can find on it.this is kind of a budget build but wanna do it right,im not just gonna throw a bunch of cheap parts on it.LOL.

#16 ·
the tear down begins

ok guys and gals started my teardown today got my front nose wow where them bolts really rusted on most just snapped off.but atleast i got to work on it for 2 hours tonight,its gonna need new radiator core support and new inner fenders for sure they are rusted beyond fixing.all in all its very solid car.subframe is completely rust free,thats the most important thing,the body panels can be easily replaced.

#18 ·
I sold my 78Type LT and It was a beast, Good Luck.

#19 ·
thx yeah i love the 78 too,this might be a beast to if i can ever get far enough to put the new engine in,its making 635hp and 680 ft lbs of torque on the dyno.but im being patient,good things come to those who wait,i could have just threw the engine in and drove it,buti want this one to be nice when im done,not just thrown together,especially when im making that much power,i need it to be safe.thats number 1 priority,i wanna make it better than new.

#20 ·
front clip teardown

well guys got some work done today finally got my front clip dismanteled,boy that was a job this sure is gonna be fun putting it back together and getting everything lined up.but this is where im at,just a little progress but atleast its started and its starting to get cold here in michigan.

#22 ·
Welcome. Looks like a great project. For some reason, I'm partial to Hugger ;). Although I'll bet the blue metallic pearl would be real sharp.

#25 ·
your going to jam the whole thing (paint the door,trunk jams), right so I would look at all the paint colors and see what seems right to you, me I like the new Red Jewled Tint coat on the new Camaros and Vettes even the new caddys. They are sweet, unless you just want to stay with the 80s colors.

#26 ·
no i like that too,the new camaro also has an inferno orange i like alot,it has lots of metallic in it,i love that jewel red tint tooo,its just about the same as hugger orange,i want it either medium blue metallic pearl or orange,them are my two favorites,theres already too many black ones and red ones,i want mine to be unique thats why i was heading toward the zodiac blue shimmer pearl,it was a lamborghini color.yes im painting the jams and everything,but if i stay with one of those orange colors i defanetly want white stripes.with maybe some ghost flames in the stripe to make it unique

#29 ·
my interior is black,im in love with the orange too,i just bought a pint of blue to see how it will look,im liking the orange the best so far,i wanna find a hugger orange metallic,or bright orange metallic,USA1 let me know if u see any paint that color as i would love to change back.for the second time but thats another story.

#30 ·
i know somebody must have a candy apple orange,or better yet i could paint it hugger orange,then clear coat it with silver pearl mixed in now that would be sweet color,i have a million ideas and its driving me crazy,but so far orange is in the lead wich im happy about.i love the hugger orange color but want it unique too,so i will find a way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.