Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Meaner and more environmental friendly, GM hopes the HX Concept from Hummer will get the consumers wallets ready. The 3.6L V6 Flexfuel engine will make things a bit more efficient and the full-time 4WD will give the driver full control of this honkin' truck.

More info with more pics and press release:
http://www.fquick.com/blog/Hummer_HX_Concept/1113

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's kinda neat...but I didn't see anything about a MANUAL TRANS being offered.:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I like the looks of it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
It looks nothing like a FJcruiser to me.
FJ Cruisers are ass-ugly, while this isn't. :D
Glad to see they're using the sloped back, too.

EDIT: I like it, a lot. I never was one for fancy shmancy interior trim. I have a friend that drives his parents's's's 95 Continental around, it has fancy shmancy trim..that's falling apart.
A 6spd manual with a 300HP DI V6 would be awesome in that vehicle. :D

I hope the 4point racing harness doesn't make it to production though, unless it's as an option. :p

AND it better **** well have a radio. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
GM build a Wrangler fighter..this would be it..

·
Registered
544 Posts
looks like an FJCruiser
Are you kidding? The Hummer HX is wayyyyy better looking than that POS FJ Cruiser. The FJ Cruiser looks like something that Toyota ripped off a 5th grader in an art class, after he threw it in the trash dejectedly :lol:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The roof design and back glass are WAY DIFFERENT. If the Hummer reminds you of the stupid FJ "Loser", I guess I can see that, but LOOKS LIKE an FJ "Loser"....uh,,,,no. More like a Jeep Wrangler than anything else.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Well I know there are big differences, but they look like they could have been concept and dumbed down production model twins to me. I do like the Hummer better, but I still think they look very similar overall.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Well I know there are big differences, but they look like they could have been concept and dumbed down production model twins to me. I do like the Hummer better, but I still think they look very similar overall.
No way, that Hummer is a smaller version of this:

I think the FJ is a copy of the Hummer..

·
Registered
544 Posts
No way, that Hummer is a smaller version of this:

I think the FJ is a copy of the Hummer..
The FJ is definitely a copy of the Hummer. Toyota came out with the FJ not long after GM came out with the H2. Just another example of Toyota copying off of GM and trying to take away some of GM's market share in specific vehicle categories.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The FJ is definitely a copy of the Hummer. Toyota came out with the FJ not long after GM came out with the H2. Just another example of Toyota copying off of GM and trying to take away some of GM's market share in specific vehicle categories.
WHAT!? The Japanese copying some American design, then trying to take market share??? NEVER!!!:lol:UHHHH, well, yes, that is 100% correct. Take a look at the Japanese motorcycle industry. HMMMM, let's copy a Harley Davidson! BINGO! Let's call it a "Star" motorcycle instead of YAMAHA, that sounds more AMERICAN! AHHH, good idea...those stupid Americans will be buying our bikes like Paris Hilton buying clothes at Sachs Fifth Avenue! (Ask me how I really feel about J. A. Pan & Company.):mad:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
no do go on ..please tell..

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I agree that Toyota copied hummer, but the original FJ had a lot of those same qualities. It's weird that Toyota would steal like that. It's a good thing this looks nothing like a wrangler....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts