Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Victory for killing the real Hummer and charging way too much for 1/2 a Hummer?

·
Registered
330 Posts
tell me about it:BangHead: them h2's are nothing but tonka trucks... the h3 is even smaller, but i havent seen enough of it to make a judgement on it. looks nice, but not like a real hummer...

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Are people still crying about that? People stopped paying $60K+ for the H1, should GM keep making a vehicle nobody buys?

GM sold a TON of H2s. Then sales slowed. Sales of the H3 kept Hummer afloat for quite a while. Plenty of people bought Hummer products :cool:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Yup, the H3 has been a huge success for Hummer, definitely a good move.
H2 has been a pretty steady seller too.
The H1 was $130,000, they only sold a couple hundred of them each year, wasn't really worth keeping it around.
$130K, thats right. My mind was stuck in the Nineties when I posted $60K :lol:

·
Registered
330 Posts
they are still half the truck an h1 is. i drive an HMMWV in an offroad setting. and i wouldnt dare take one of those overpriced civilian models ANY of these places... if i were to spend 60K or 120 or whatever they cost on a TRUCK... i would expect to be able to take it off the main road... people arent buying it for what it is... they are buying the name. some people are ignorant like that. or just too rich to know better.

and there are other reasons they stopped making them... the DOT threw a fit about having a metal dashboard. and for some reason said their lights were inadequate... a bunch think they just knew the public would have some "advantage' over law enforcement.... government cant have that can they.... since its a 'free' country and all... lol

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Hummer ads kinda kill them too.

The ads hint that if you are neutered or a woman buy a Hummer. But it won't matter because someone who is more confident will be cruising down the road in something better looking and probably cheaper.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
...if i were to spend 60K or 120 or whatever they cost on a TRUCK... i would expect to be able to take it off the main road... people arent buying it for what it is... they are buying the name.
H2s are VERY capable in off-road situations, there's a bunch of Hummer clubs nationwide that regularly have meets to go off-roading, mudding etc.

It doesn't really matter why people buy them. So what if someone buys one cuz they think it looks cool? I personally wouldn't mind having one if my finances allowed, and I doubt I'd go off-road but once a year.

I think an H2 would be a kick-ass tow vehicle for the Camaro! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts