Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far there is a Voluntary Evacuation for Shore towns in NJ... This storm looks like it will be a bad one. Anyone else suffering from Hurricane Irene?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just on stand-by. My company has ton products for there customers there. Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
good luck to all of you on the east coast. hurricanes are nuthin nice. best advice i can give... get the hell out. if it turns out to not be a big deal, at least you played it safe. better to evacuate and nothing happen, than to be stuck for something serious.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
good luck to all of you on the east coast. hurricanes are nuthin nice. best advice i can give... get the hell out. if it turns out to not be a big deal, at least you played it safe. better to evacuate and nothing happen, than to be stuck for something serious.
Absolutely! Think of it as a short road trip. We use to keep our motorhome stocked and fueled each season, and it came in handy a few times. We keep generators and portable A/C units on stand by because down here once the storm passes, it's hot as hell. Keep your list of stuff ready, better to over prepared than not.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
weve had some crazy storms, but nothing like a hurricane. this weather sure has been funky lately.......end of times?

·
Registered
782 Posts
We are definitely right in the path . :angry:

·
Registered
676 Posts
^^^For real! We are under an evacuation for tourists today, residents tomorrow. Never left before so we'll see. I'm watchin this one closely. We got everything squared away at the shipyard today, and they knocked us off for tomorrow.

Bill

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mandatory evacuation for the barrier islands in Cape May County...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all my east coast camaro buds. :D

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
The winds have already picked up here on Lake Marion near Santee, SC. No boating for me Saturday! I might try for Sunday afternoon. Hugo ripped through this area in September of '89.
I feel the pain of those who have yet to feel Irene's wrath. I'll keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

My wife is scheduled to work toninte and tomorrow nite in ER and when she goes in tomorrow nite, she has to stay until she is relieved which could be a day or two. So, it'll be my son and I riding it out with my stepfather. That could be neat. At least I know she'll be safe. hospital is rated for a cat.5.

Bill

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Long hours ahead for her. :( She will be drained when done.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Be safe everyone.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

My wife is scheduled to work toninte and tomorrow nite in ER and when she goes in tomorrow nite, she has to stay until she is relieved which could be a day or two. So, it'll be my son and I riding it out with my stepfather. That could be neat. At least I know she'll be safe. hospital is rated for a cat.5.

Bill
Keep your cell charged & cover the cars, fire wood, hot dogs, radio & flash light,
handy, our parers go out to you & your family, be safe !

Be safe everyone.
:agree: + :werd:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well if any of you are familiar with the Garden State Parkway i heard that the State Police are not letting anyone past mile marker 98 downward...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Are you staying put? Just curious if I was the lone ranger or not. :lol:

I just hope the Weather Channel is dramatizing a bit like they usually do. I'd hate for their doom and gloom to be right. ;)

Bill

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am staying even tho there is a mandatory evacuation

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well good luck!!! :thumbsup: I have never left for one as of yet though I guess that makes me nuts to lots of people. :D

Bill

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ill try to keep my status posted... I got a phone call from the electric company saying they are expecting power outages so hopefully it wont be too bad

1 - 20 of 41 Posts