Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
from what I understand it will be easier to install than the other shifters available...you don't need to unbolt and lower the transmission. Shouldn't be to hard if that's the case.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hurst Shifter

Put mine in Tuesday. You do have to loosen the Tranny cross-member to lower the tranny about an inch. It's pretty tight in there. The hardest thing was getting the dust boot back on. Put a few cuts in my hands doing it. Took about an hour and a half to do the job. The shifter works great! Much shorter throw.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Put mine in Tuesday. You do have to loosen the Tranny cross-member to lower the tranny about an inch. It's pretty tight in there. The hardest thing was getting the dust boot back on. Put a few cuts in my hands doing it. Took about an hour and a half to do the job. The shifter works great! Much shorter throw.:thumbsup:
really? didn't think you had to lower the trans...oh well.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume that it does come with some kind of instructions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Big Red, From whom/where did you get it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Big Red, From whom/where did you get it?
Direct from Hurst. I pre-ordered it, so it shipped the day they released it. It is so much more solid than the stock shifter. I orginally thought the stock shifter was pretty good, but after driving with the Hurst shifter, you will actually consider the stock shifter sloopy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any idea on the amount of time it takes to install as I will need to have mine done as I don't have the ability to do it myself. Time usually equals dollars.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I instlalled my shifter today and I have to say that it has to be one of the easiest mods that a person can do on there car.Heck, I think it took longer to jack the car up and put the jackstands in place. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet because of wheather but it feels pretty good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did mine Wed. Love the feel. Pretty easy job.

·
Registered
260 Posts
anybody near orlando done this mod yet? id like to check it out. hard for me to visualize any shorter throw. stock felt pretty short to me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got mine from Barton Industries..very nice stuff..waiting for break in weather to install it outside..
nice company and excellent product if ANYONE is interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hurst Shifter

OK, I instlalled my shifter today and I have to say that it has to be one of the easiest mods that a person can do on there car.Heck, I think it took longer to jack the car up and put the jackstands in place. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet because of wheather but it feels pretty good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered the shifter. Can this be done with 2 jack stands? Jack the side or the front is good? Just trying to gt as much info as I can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts