Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
So does that mean that those of us that pre-ordered one with a Hurst, wont get a build date until the 3rd quarter as it stands?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had my dealer call today, and the GM rep that he spoke to stated that the "Hurst Shifter" option has been totally deleted.

Am I getting some wrong information?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Going from memory...(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

The option CODE as you would have pre-ordered it HAS been deleted.

It is now a new CODE for factory installed (the original code was for dealer installed).

HOWEVER, the factory is not yet ready to install them so this new code is currently on RESTRAINT. Meaning if you order a car with the factory installed hurst option, it will NOT be built.

So what most people are doing is if you are close to being pulled for production, delete the option from your order so it doesn't delay your car and then, some time around 3rd quarter, you can have the hurst shifter installed at the dealer as a GM Performance Parts add on.

-Brad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hurst Shifter factory vs dealer

Going from memory...(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

The option CODE as you would have pre-ordered it HAS been deleted.

It is now a new CODE for factory installed (the original code was for dealer installed).

HOWEVER, the factory is not yet ready to install them so this new code is currently on RESTRAINT. Meaning if you order a car with the factory installed hurst option, it will NOT be built.

So what most people are doing is if you are close to being pulled for production, delete the option from your order so it doesn't delay your car and then, some time around 3rd quarter, you can have the hurst shifter installed at the dealer as a GM Performance Parts add on.

-Brad
Do you know if there is any difference in end cost for shifter as a factory option vs dealer order later?? Also on a dealer install later who keeps the factory shifter??
-Torquester

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Do you know if there is any difference in end cost for shifter as a factory option vs dealer order later?? Also on a dealer install later who keeps the factory shifter??
-Torquester
Not too sure about dealer installed cost versus factory.......If I were having the dealer install anything on my car that was purchased as a GM accessory the removed/replaced component would stay with me.......you bought both, right?;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts