Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will be pulling the engine out again to do some upgrades. I am thinking of stroking this engine and maybe a tranny conversion. That will be the goal for the end of the year. I will keep it simple, a 427/429 or what ever I decide to come up with engine wise, a 4spd auto, maybe a lower gear and spray to drag it out the back doors. I am glad that I have an air compressor b/c that would be a lot of wrenching. The tune will be from one of the peeps that advertises on here.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
What car are you doing this on? As soon as I get a house with a garage I will be building engines for all my cars!! Can't wait!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm a BIG fan of destroked 350 making it a crazy high RPM 327 motor. Or destroking a 400 to a 377 and doing the same thing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Chapel, I will be doing this on my 2010 camaro @ MD I have never had any destroked engines but I have burnt quite a few of them at the track...I have strokedmy 350 to a 383, and the 400 to a 434. I have put together many strokers together with great results. I will be gathering parts for a little while then I will post my build when I actually bust the first nut.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I love the sound of a destroked 327 at high rpm screaming down the drag strip. Brother may destroke his 350 after hearing a few at the local drag strip late last season.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
@ Chapel. I also built a 408 stroker for a mustang fan a while back and that was pretty nice!
That's awesome!! I had a 94 GT with a 351W in it. I was gonna do either a mild compression 393 stroker or a moderate compression 408 stroker. But I can't do all that in my apartment complex parking lot, lol!! Once I get a house (hopefully by late Summer) I will do another stroker in my 94, a 5.4 conversion in my 03, and for my SS I'm thinking about a 400. I don't really know all the options yet for the Camaro...but I wanna keep it boost capable!!

What products are you planning on using? What company? Upgraded internals?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
get a two car garage then ... first house with a garage and I love it
Yea that would be even better! But for some reason, people convert garages into bedrooms. Or they shorten them. I guess there aren't a lot of car guys out there these days, lol!! I currently have my eyes on this one house that has a 2 car garage. It's a fixer upper but it'll work...we'll see...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I hear you about having a place to do it. I was on the fence about fi or ci hell I may change my mind before I actually order.
I am going with the Texas speed rotating assembly. They have a standard kit for about $1995.00.It comes with decent stuff but I am going to upgrade the prisions rods and crank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts