Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I'd buy a FWD, but I ended up getting a 2011 Malibu today. I have been DDing my 5.7 ram, but I needed a truck to replace my Durango for my work truck and I needed something for a DD that got better millage. So now I'm selling my Durango and now have a better DD.

They had a bunch of Camaro verts sitting out there and a couple other cars that were very tempting, but I resisted and got the car I had planned to get.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
That's nice, man! I like the Malibu 'cept it's front wheel drive. That's my only down about the car. The price is good on em too. Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I like those too, I had a 06 Impala and love it too, got 32 mpg out of that one on the highway...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
:rolleyes:
hey, there is no need for excuses
that is a car that makes sense in many ways
we have such a thing among ours

and i do not talk about the hemi
the opel is sold as a buick regal in the u.s.
it is surely one of the most boring looking cars we ever owned, but it is GREAT in many ways, the way it eats up the miles (800miles (1300km) in a day no prob), fast 135 mph (done) and very good milage...

so congrats on a comfortable, safe and fuel efficient car:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I never thought I'd buy a FWD, but I ended up getting a 2011 Malibu today. I have been DDing my 5.7 ram, but I needed a truck to replace my Durango for my work truck and I needed something for a DD that got better millage. So now I'm selling my Durango and now have a better DD.

They had a bunch of Camaro verts sitting out there and a couple other cars that were very tempting, but I resisted and got the car I had planned to get.

Shoulda got a V6 Vert Camaro, then U could DD in Class w/ Good Milage to boot.... That's what we did, Traded our 14mpg Truck in for Jens 2LT/RS...

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shoulda got a V6 Vert Camaro, then U could DD in Class w/ Good Milage to boot.... That's what we did, Traded our 14mpg Truck in for Jens 2LT/RS...
I wish, but we have a family of 5. I'll get there. I don't need to jump to far ahead. This is a first step to getting a 5th gen. I've still got a 4th gen vert in the garage just waiting to be put together. That should hold me over while I get everything else in line.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I wish, but we have a family of 5. I'll get there. I don't need to jump to far ahead. This is a first step to getting a 5th gen. I've still got a 4th gen vert in the garage just waiting to be put together. That should hold me over while I get everything else in line.
Yeah I guess the Vert's really not a True Family Car when there's kids so Completely Understand that... It's just the 2 of us w/ our 2 doggies.... Some day then!!!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats !, the next best thing to a camaro, for the family :thumbsup:
Um, ah, why not a Cadd (;) / :lol:) :confused: / :D " I know..:facepalm: $$$,$$$.00".
Oh believe me that was one of the things that was tempting. They were a Cadillac dealer too. They had CTS's and I like the SRX as well, but both would be more expensive in price and have lower MPG. We just got rid of an 07 Escalade last year. My payments were $1k a month. Which is not all that bad being before I got that I had 3 payments totaling $1200 a month for a CTS Camaro and Silverado. I sold the silverado and traded the CTS and paid off the Camaro and bought the Escalade. I sold the Escalade bought a cheap Durango with cash. I needed a truck and ended up getting a Ram. Now I'm selling the Durango and bought a Malibu and using the Ram for my business/work truck. Getting another Cadillac would mean more money for the car and more money for gas. I'd rather save that money now so I can have a 5th gen later instead.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Oh believe me that was one of the things that was tempting. They were a Cadillac dealer too. They had CTS's and I like the SRX as well, but both would be more expensive in price and have lower MPG. We just got rid of an 07 Escalade last year. My payments were $1k a month. Which is not all that bad being before I got that I had 3 payments totaling $1200 a month for a CTS Camaro and Silverado. I sold the silverado and traded the CTS and paid off the Camaro and bought the Escalade. I sold the Escalade bought a cheap Durango with cash. I needed a truck and ended up getting a Ram. Now I'm selling the Durango and bought a Malibu and using the Ram for my business/work truck. Getting another Cadillac would mean more money for the car and more money for gas. I'd rather save that money now so I can have a 5th gen later instead.
So true & :agree: my good friend, :lol:, the cost of the tune-up's for a Cadd is to much & fuel is gotta be through the roof :facepalm: & :eek:
At least you could resist the urge to not buy the cad or Camaro & wait :lol: & :thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we hae had the car for a week now and I must say I am really liking this car. It drives great and gets great MPG. We just got the windows tinted yesterday. I'll shoot some pics when I get it cleaned up.

Also the Durango is now sold :thumbsup: Only took one day to sale on CL and I got what I wanted for it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ya know, it would look pretty cool with some black SS stripes on her! Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Bill

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya know, it would look pretty cool with some black SS stripes on her! Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Bill
That probley would look good, but I probley won't be putting stripes on it. I would like to do a few little things though. Maybe some CCFL rings in the tail lights and Amber LED strip where the fog light spot is in place of the chrome.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm not a fan of FWD either, but I really like the styling of the Malibu. A very nice family/DD ride... and every vehicle looks better with the windows tinted. Oh yeah, and its built in the United States :thumbsup:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a few mods I would like to do.

Not my car, but here is a chop I did to see what it would look like.

Projectors with HID and Lower light strips

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts