Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am happier than hell that I finally got to see in person the 2010 Camaro no offense to anyone but not really fond of the yellow one. But hey if your getting a yellow one its your choice thats why I fight for my country in the Army so you can have the choices to choose whatever you want lol:lol:.

Ok im getting off track why im dissapointed. I was at the local park playing with my kid when my wife called and said there was a car show down the street and they had the new Camaro though. Well like anyone on this site would have done I packed the kid in the car and rushed over there. So I get there and I see it and man it is a sweet looking ride. I stood in the back of it about 10 feet away and all the pictures I have seen doesn t do it justice. Anyway so I get to talking to the guy that I thought was the local dealership owner but you guessed he wasn t he was the owner.

Now the story I got from him was that he was in the showroom the yesterday and they was pulling the car in. He asked one salesman how much it was for the car and he said it was the demo. Well he asked the manager and he said $29,995. Its a yellow 2LT or as the owner called it LT2. And this now brings me to why Im so pissed off right now:angry:

This guy had no friggin idea what he bought and when I asked him if he has ever owned a Camaro before he said no. Of course my next question was then why did you buy it and the answer I got was unbelievable that jackass told me it was the new thing to buy. Can you blelieve that BS... So this yuppy with all his money doesn t pre order sh** goes in that night and they sell him the **** demo. I thought the dealer had to hold onto it for a few. But the thing that is getting me so heated right now is people like us the Camaro enthusiest cant get there friggin cars like i.e. TRM whos vin is what 74 or something and me who is still waiting for my friggin dealer to finalize my order. This jackass doesn t pre order at all and gets the car the same day he walks in there ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!:angry:. He had no idea about anything on his car me and my wife were filling him in. I almost told him he needs not to be in car shows if he doesn t even know what he has. Ok im gonna get off my soap box now sorry to make this Blog so long but if you cant already tell im heated:angry:...Let me know what you all think about this :5go:

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
1: Thanks for fighting for my right to own yellow because this will be my second yellow vehicle :lol: 2: This will be my first Camaro also but only because this will be the first time I can afford to buy one new. I have always been a GM fan (past vehicles: S-10, Sierra, Silverado, Canyon wife: Solstice, Grand AM) 3: I would have been ticked at the D-Bag also. It's crazy all the people who are walking into dealer ships and picking up "Demos" or ordering and driving home in a Camaro in 2 months, when like you said there are a lot of first week guys and gals who have not got theirs yet!

P.S.
I'm in the military also(get ready to laugh) I'm in the Air National Guard. I know that doesn't count :lol: No joke thanks for what you do! :patriot:

·
Registered
9 Posts
this guy is too f*cking rich for his own good. how the hell do you just spend 30,000 on something when you don't know what it is? and that begs this question, how in hell do not know what a Camaro is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds to me like you're on some kind of weird jealousy melt down.

:)
Yes i am on a meltdown I wouldn t say jelousy. Im happy the guy has his car but why im heated is because of how he aquired it and we are all here still waiting on ours even though I ordered mine in OCT08:5go::thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this guy is too f*cking rich for his own good. how the hell do you just spend 30,000 on something when you don't know what it is? and that begs this question, how in hell do not know what a Camaro is?

My thought exactly but hey what you gonna do. I thought these dealers wasn t suppose to sell there demo for at least 3 months I guess I was wrong about that

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1:

P.S.
I'm in the military also(get ready to laugh) I'm in the Air National Guard. I know that doesn't count :lol: No joke thanks for what you do! :patriot:
There is nothing wrong with being in the guard you guys deploy just as much as us if not more. So thank you for what you do:thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'd be angry too.

When I went to the showing of the Camaro here people were pissing me off. They were giving a chance to win the car, and I was talking to some of the contestants. One woman told me she didn't even know they were making a Camaro, she heard about it on the radio and came in to try to win. 3 people told me they were trying to win it to sell it for another car.

It sucked. I felt as if I was the only one who genuinly cared about the car. I know others cared too, but we were so outnumbered it was ridiculous. Thankfully no one won it. I'd rather no one win than some schmuck who didn' want the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks to both of you for your service!

And seriously, with the shape GM is in right now, does it hurt to have the Camaro be "the thing to buy right now"? Hell, it might even turn this yuppy onto other GM products (how about a CTS instead of that Lexus?).(Although I have to agree, what rock did the dude live under to not know anything about the Camaro)

That being said, I do feel your pain on waiting for the car. However, GM I believe, put an emphasis on getting V-6 models out quickly to attract new sales. Again, given their current state, I think they need to move as many new units as humanly possible.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That being said, I do feel your pain on waiting for the car. However, GM I believe, put an emphasis on getting V-6 models out quickly to attract new sales. Again, given their current state, I think they need to move as many new units as humanly possible.
I agree with GM needing to sell as many cars as possible but I am still trying to figure out why I tied up my money by pre ordering my car instead of doing what this guy did and just go to the dealer and get one. Oh I know because I thought since I pre ordered I would have gotten my car before they went on showrooms!!!. My wife just informed me that she asked the guy if he knew how much horse power the car had and he didn t know. Isn t that on the sticker in the window:lol: Oh he also didn t know what :5go: was. What a shame

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Some of these posts are freaking stupid. So what if a woman wants to win a car...what the hell does it matter if it's a CAMARO, COBALT, or CORVETTE? She is trying to win a car.

Who cares if somebody buys the camaro and doesn't know what it is? Jealous much? I don't burst out like this very often, but you guys are killing me. Be happy someobody is buying the Camaro.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who cares if somebody buys the camaro and doesn't know what it is? Jealous much? I don't burst out like this very often, but you guys are killing me. Be happy someobody is buying the Camaro.
Never said I wasn t happy that he owns the car. Im happy for every Camaro owner old and new. Im just trying to understand what Pre Order means.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Some of these posts are freaking stupid. So what if a woman wants to win a car...what the hell does it matter if it's a CAMARO, COBALT, or CORVETTE? She is trying to win a car.

So, let me understand. It's stupid for us to be bothered that people who don't know anything about their car are buying 300+HP cars?

Weren't you complaining that they were putting a NAME (firehawk) on another car? Something that doesn't effect driving or even needing to understand the car.

But it's smart to get a car that you don't even know how fast it goes.

A guy at work thought his 92 Mustang was front wheel drive. Yeah he lost control on a dirt road and jacked up his tire. 3 months later his engine blew up. Last week he fit it nicely under some guys truck. It's totalled.

But you're right, why would you need to know anything about the car your driving? That's insane.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
at least he bought American and a Camaro, I hope they sell as many as possible to keep our car viable, so what if hes a dummy your getting a car built for you specifically by GM. good luck Id like mine too but I wanted what I wanted thats why I didnt wait and ordered my car.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes i am on a meltdown I wouldn t say jelousy. I'm happy the guy has his car but why im heated is because of how he aquired it and we are all here still waiting on ours even though I ordered mine in OCT08:5go::thumbsup:

Yea, sometimes reality can be a *****.

Appreciate what you can appreciate, and don't waste your energy on trivial crap.

In a few years, the GM Comrade V4's will probably be designated by government lottery.

:lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
OK I am happier than hell that I finally got to see in person the 2010 Camaro no offense to anyone but not really fond of the yellow one. But hey if your getting a yellow one its your choice thats why I fight for my country in the Army so you can have the choices to choose whatever you want lol:lol:.

Ok im getting off track why im dissapointed. I was at the local park playing with my kid when my wife called and said there was a car show down the street and they had the new Camaro though. Well like anyone on this site would have done I packed the kid in the car and rushed over there. So I get there and I see it and man it is a sweet looking ride. I stood in the back of it about 10 feet away and all the pictures I have seen doesn t do it justice. Anyway so I get to talking to the guy that I thought was the local dealership owner but you guessed he wasn t he was the owner.

Now the story I got from him was that he was in the showroom the yesterday and they was pulling the car in. He asked one salesman how much it was for the car and he said it was the demo. Well he asked the manager and he said $29,995. Its a yellow 2LT or as the owner called it LT2. And this now brings me to why Im so pissed off right now:angry:

This guy had no friggin idea what he bought and when I asked him if he has ever owned a Camaro before he said no. Of course my next question was then why did you buy it and the answer I got was unbelievable that jackass told me it was the new thing to buy. Can you blelieve that BS... So this yuppy with all his money doesn t pre order sh** goes in that night and they sell him the **** demo. I thought the dealer had to hold onto it for a few. But the thing that is getting me so heated right now is people like us the Camaro enthusiest cant get there friggin cars like i.e. TRM whos vin is what 74 or something and me who is still waiting for my friggin dealer to finalize my order. This jackass doesn t pre order at all and gets the car the same day he walks in there ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!:angry:. He had no idea about anything on his car me and my wife were filling him in. I almost told him he needs not to be in car shows if he doesn t even know what he has. Ok im gonna get off my soap box now sorry to make this Blog so long but if you cant already tell im heated:angry:...Let me know what you all think about this :5go:
In the words of the immortal Bill Murray, "I think it sucks". :lol:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
So, let me understand. It's stupid for us to be bothered that people who don't know anything about their car are buying 300+HP cars?

Weren't you complaining that they were putting a NAME (firehawk) on another car? Something that doesn't effect driving or even needing to understand the car.

But it's smart to get a car that you don't even know how fast it goes.

A guy at work thought his 92 Mustang was front wheel drive. Yeah he lost control on a dirt road and jacked up his tire. 3 months later his engine blew up. Last week he fit it nicely under some guys truck. It's totalled.

But you're right, why would you need to know anything about the car your driving? That's insane.
I was complaining about FIREHAWK because that is different. We are talking about the people buying these cars. Not the car itself. I don't care what schmo buys what. You make it sound like 300hp is a lot of hp. It'll make for a quick car, faster than mine I'm sure, but they are not 1000hp dragsters that the everyday man will lose control of.

My parents are not car people, in fact they know nothing about cars. My mom thought v6 mustangs were fwd till I told her they were rwd. I guess she doesn't deserve to drive a mustang then.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My point was that he (said mustang driver) doesn't have the common sense to take care of the car. You don't have to be a car person to know that you SHOULD know about the car YOU own. You should know how much and what weight of oil your car takes. You should know if it's AWD, FWD, RWD. These are things you DO need to know. They effect how the car drives, or if your engine's life will be dramatically short.

I am not insulting you, or your family. But if they don't know the basics about their cars, then no, they don't deserve to drive them.

300 IS a lot to people who drive huge family cars. To people who don't go over 45 because they never leave the city and that's the posted limit. 300 was simply the example, what about people who go for the SS model? Now they've got a 422 HP car when they're used to driving a Dodge neon.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I was complaining about FIREHAWK because that is different. We are talking about the people buying these cars. Not the car itself. I don't care what schmo buys what. You make it sound like 300hp is a lot of hp. It'll make for a quick car, faster than mine I'm sure, but they are not 1000hp dragsters that the everyday man will lose control of.

My parents are not car people, in fact they know nothing about cars. My mom thought v6 mustangs were fwd till I told her they were rwd. I guess she doesn't deserve to drive a mustang then.
This conversation reminds me of a time I was at a local pole dancing establishment with my 04 GTO picking up two girls to take them to a bachelor after hours party. I double parked right out front because I was just playing taxi and I started to talk with the front door bouncer who had his new (at the time) 05 Monte Carlo SS parked right next to me. He was telling me how fast his car was and how he liked "lighting up" the rear tires. I couldn't bring myself to tell him how much of a collector's car he must have if he could do that...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
In a word...yes. Hate to be blunt, but unless you're making the payments on the other guy's car, what say to you have in what he does with it? For real... None.

I'm willing to venture a guess that most here, myself included, have ordered their Camaro without even sitting in one yet, let alone driving it. How stupid is THAT?!?! Pretty darn stupid from a non-car-loving, real-world perspective. This guy is obviously done and doing something many of us have yet to do, and that's drive a production model. However sad it may be that the guy can't seem to appreciate what he has is beyond the point. Maybe one day he will become a Camaro lover. It doesn't tick me off he got one. Hopefully he'll show it to his equally ill-informed-about-cars buddies and GM can maybe sell another one or two vehicles from that.

I'd be more worried about things that are under your control and a lot less about things that aren't. Like not worrying about what other people are doing with their cars or whether they know anything about them or not. We got to concentrate on getting our own home and in the garage. That's really all that matters at the moment. Sure, the situation sucks for most that pre-ordered. But stay focused.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts