Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my dealer today saying that my car came up this week but unfortunatly my color is on constraint. Now I have to get back to him by the end of the day to let him know if i want to change my color or get pushed back ;0| Idk what to do, that black is nice too lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wanted CGM sooo bad too. But the more I look at the black the sexier it gets. I won't be ordering mine until May, but even when CGM is available at that time I think I'll go with black and maybe CGM rally stripes. You have to make the decision, but to me, Black is always a good color as long as you don't mind doing some cleaning.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
If you REALLY want CGM than I'd wait...if not you may regret it.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Guys we have waited this longgggggggggg.....whats a little bit longer ?

If CGM is what you want HOLD OUT and get it. Otherwise you will be cruising a vehicle that you will love but see a CGM car months later and say DAM I SHOULD HAVE WAITED :( .

Just because they are on production and almost to us doesnt mean we gotta run run run to get it asap. I'm dieing as we all are but getting what I want is worth the wait. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I think I will wait, I dont like any of the stripe packages offered with black and plus my nova is black so I think id like a different color

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Get what you want like others have said. It sucks to wait, but how would you feel if for the next couple years of ownership you have regrets.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah I made the call and told him to push me back one, He said id get the first run after the constraint is lifted... it is good to know that the my dealer is activly checking on the orders though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey, I am with ya..of course..even though I ordered the first day..I am not bitter or anything..I have not gotten a call yet...:( Anyway, I am waiting to. CGM is what I have my heart set on...so I will be on standby until I get it. After seeing a CGM VETTE right next to a 2010 Camaro at the KC car show I am completely and utterly SOLD on CGM. It will be worth the wait...Good choice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
When did you place your order. I placed mine on 10-18-08 and haven't heard sqat yet. I hope they call soon. I believe that the constraint on the Gray will continue until the Impala production run finishes. Sorry.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When did you place your order. I placed mine on 10-18-08 and haven't heard sqat yet. I hope they call soon. I believe that the constraint on the Gray will continue until the Impala production run finishes. Sorry.
I placed mine just befor christmas, id have to dig out my reciept to know the exact date

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today saying that my car came up this week but unfortunatly my color is on constraint. Now I have to get back to him by the end of the day to let him know if i want to change my color or get pushed back ;0| Idk what to do, that black is nice too lol
You've got to be kidding me. The SAME thing happened to me Friday, but I wasn't around to respond. My dealer called twice leaving messages telling me they just got more allocation and made it sound as if my order would be picked up sooner if I changed my color (I had ordered with CGM, which is on constraint). I was a little confused as to the timing and the urgency, but your version of the events seems to make more sense. I would have orderd with IBM as the color had it been available back in October, but I made up my mind, probably in November that I wanted to keep the Cyber Grey, so I'm sticking with it. One extra month to save for the down payment.

·
Registered
338 Posts
In 1998 I wanted an SS. They had a Z28 on the lot. I knew that when they said that I would get the SS in 30 days that it would never happen, so I took the Z28. For 4 years I tried to convince myself that the Z 28 was just as good. It was not what I wanted though. In 2002 I ordered my SS waited 5 months for it and when it came in it was the exact car that I wanted. I have had it for 7 years now and I am very impatient to get my 2010 SS that I ordered on 10/13/08. The point is that if you don't wait and get your exact car, when you start seeing them on the street, you will kick yourself for not waiting. As impatient as I can sometimes be, my advice would be to wait for what you want. For $25,000.00 to $40,000.00 you don't want to settle for less that what you really want.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts