Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry:
I'm so pissed, I always park my brand new 2 month old camaro as far away as possible, but today it was not possible and some Douche Bag left a nice ding in my door!!!
I cannot live with that on my brand new car after spending all that money! I want it to look perfect for as long as possible. The problem is, I'm terrified to let anyone fix it, because i don't want them to start pulling my car apart to push out the dent.
Does anyone have any advise? what should I do and how can I not spend a fortune fixing it? also, whats the safest way to repair it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
get a gun and shoot who ever did that to your car, then call a paintless dent removal co. shouldnt cost more than a $100

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
But now, the dent is there, so your cherry's been popped so to speak. Hopefully you can relax a bit now in knowing that "it's over". If you drive the car, weird stuff is going to happen to it beyond your control. Nicks and scratches can drive you crazy, especially on your new car, but if it's on the road, over time, it's going to happen.

I know it sucks, but there's not much to be done except to fix it. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
"sorry for your loss" :lol: the car wasn't totalled!

well my cherry was popped on my car the day the lawnmower guy decided to scrape his mower on my fender :mad: it is fixed now, but that fender doesn't have it's original paint anymore.

and even still today i am paranoid about where i park the car and what not!

i'm driving to College Station tomorrow to see my fiance, and i told her to make sure she double parks on the 2 end spaces next to her apt, so i can have the end space and her car is next to me. i have a feeling i will have to remind her while i'm on my way :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Carry 4 orange road cones in your trunk and double park everywhere. It is heart breaking for the first one, but like el ess X said, now it's done & it will happen again. My door ding was in the 3rd week of owning, it is smaller than a dime and no paint was removed, it is still there. Save your $ for mods.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, there is no paint scratch which is good, and i'm looking up paintless dent removal, but do they have to take off my panels? I hate the thought of them pulling my car apart!

chevy2kss : Trust me, I was wishing that car was still there, cause I wanted to show them how it feels!

el ess X : I have to be honest, this only makes me more paranoid.. now having got a dent, I'm going to make sure i'm always far away! I just wish it wasn't so soon after I bought it!

RedJewel2SS : That really sucks! I would have killed that guy! I know what you mean tho, I do the same thing, if I'm meeting friends somewhere, I make them park next to me at the end of the row. and a lot of times, they'll hold a spot for me if they get there 1st. Its great having a new car, but its stressful!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carry 4 orange road cones in your trunk and double park everywhere. It is heart breaking for the first one, but like el ess X said, now it's done & it will happen again. My door ding was in the 3rd week of owning, it is smaller than a dime and no paint was removed, it is still there. Save your $ for mods.
Haha, I would love to put cones out! I'm scared to double park, because I'm afraid someone will key my car or something, even if I park far away! That sucks you got a ding so soon!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Unfortunately dings will happen sooner or later no matter how much you try to avoid them. Follow the advice you were given here and try to fix it. Eventually you'll forget about it and be ok. I wouldn't recommend double parking (or shooting anyone:D) though. You'll probably piss someone off and get your car keyed like you mentioned. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Haha, I would love to put cones out! I'm scared to double park, because I'm afraid someone will key my car or something, even if I park far away! That sucks you got a ding so soon!
I have actually seen the cone thing, and they park in the farthest spot, PITA but an option. I dont worry anymore, what ever will be will be, I try to be carfull but if I was going to be scared all the time it would never leave the garage. In Wyoming they use gravel instead of salt for snow, I got caught in a snow storm there last Oct, my rear panels behind the wheel wells are all chewed up, when I took it in to have my paint guy look at it he said I was way over reacting. So I left it, no it's not a pristine show car anymore, but it has been to 16 states and along a good chunk of the Pacific ocean (over 16,000 miles on it now). I guess it really depends on what you want to do with your car, Drive it or show it. I try to take care of mine as best as I can, but I love to drive.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Its great having a new car, but its stressful!
Yeah i feel the same way!! too scared to park next to people and not pompous enough to double park or anything like that. Door dings are one thing, i just really fear getting keyed for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i've taken up 4-6 spaces with my dully just to be an ass lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, I had a paintless dent repair guy come this morning and it took 10 minutes and $85 and it looks like new! I'm very happy with the results and would definitely recommend it to others.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts