Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a greese monkey(j/k) i got a job doing tires and oil changes and some brake work at a small shop here in NC not even 20 minutes from my house:lol:
and what's weird is that eariler today Temporrary resources(the temp agency I was suppost to be employed with at Kay Chemical "ECO-LAB") called and at the time last week didn't have any spots open for the 12 hour shift but it was temp to perm though,I told them no.and when i come home from work i find that a trucking company had called me and i haven't yet sproken to them yet but i'll call them tommorow o see what's the situation with them.

At my current job the team i'm with really is a "TEAM" in every sense of the word everyone helps everyone out.a great bunch of characters:lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats man!

I'm glad to hear you got a job. I bet it feels good knowing that you now have a steady income, especially in this economy. And even better, you can now put money away for that new Camaro!!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
good to hear

Good to hear you found some work. Now save save save for the Camaro......:roxor:

·
Registered
52 Posts
i'm jealous that you're new job is so close to home. would love a job i could walk to. as much as i love cars, i hate driving(when it comes to traffic).

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
congrats. i myself am looking for a new job this less than 8 bucks an hour is not cuttin it. :(

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks you guys and i find out from the truck driving company that i'd have to contemplate a number of things
First off is that the tuition for the 14-21 day class is $4,000
seconds thing is that once i get approval for the loan and have been accepted i'm allready "pre-hired" and once i pass everything the company will take 50 or so bucks out my weekly pay for about 14-19 months.
thrid thing is that the school is in Peduckah,Kentucky(if i'm spelling that right) and the food and lodging is part of the tuition.
fourth thing is the entry fee is also $200-500
so in grand total would be $4200-4500 to become a truck driver,money i just don't have.

However i do see an upside if i ever do this is that i would have more options when i'm buying a car since i wouldn't be confined to automatics:lol:
do you guys think i should tell them yes or no to do this

·
Registered
81 Posts
To me, it seems like you've got a good thing going at the auto shop and you seem to be excited about working there. Right now there are thousands of trucking driving jobs out there and i don't think that is gonna go away for a while. My thoughts are you stick with what you have for now and see what happens. And if you can save a little money for the truck driving school, just in case. But again, that's just my thoughts. It is, ultimitly, your choice. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for your advice i appreciate it;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts