Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i don't know if i want to throw up or cry. i went to get lunch and parked the car behind a jeep. i remember thinking to myself that it was covered in mud and probably from the reservation so i gave myself lots of room. when i came back out from getting lunch the jeep was gone and there was another car in front of where the jeep was. i thought wow that car didn't leave that jeep much room. i went around to the front of my car and sure enough it had been scrubbed by the jeep. the nose right at the point has been scuffed. no plastic is broken.

i'm just heartbroken and shaking right now

i don't even know how hard this is going to be to fix

has anyone had any experience with having to get this fixed? man i need to put another call into my insurance company as well

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
:angry: :chairshot: Makes you want to really hurt them, so sorry Kitty. If the paint is just scuffed it may be able to be wet sanded out? I am sure some of the experts will chime in. I started taking pics of LIC plate #'s after my 3rd door ding and inspecting when I got back to the car. I really try to park in the back 40 if I can. Drive one of your big trucks to town, find the Jeep, and go "Oops, sorry I flattend your little peice of crap buddy".:eek:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh jon thank you that actually made me smile just thinking of doing that

i have an apt at 3 with the body shop in town to get a rough idea of what it will cost to have it repaired. i'm not going to make a police report or contact my insurance till i know roughly where the bill is going to be. my collision deduct is $500 so if it's going to cost less then that to fix (which i'm hoping to god it will by about half if not less) then i'll avoid those two and just get it fixed

·
Registered
968 Posts
Sorry to hear about the :angry: jeep problem.....I am crossing my fingers for you. please don't cost very much ;)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that SUCKS...world is full of morons. I've been avoiding parking lots in my car.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
:angry:Sorry about that kitty i know the feeling someone got my back quater panel the other day made me sick to my stomach :barf:

If it just scuffed might be able to buff it out if you have a machine buffer and some aggresive cutting compound or swirl remover then polish it back up.....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the guy at the body shop seems to figure that the entire bumper will have to be taken off and repainted. i'm going to see if i can find a second opinion. i really don't want to have to go through insurance again especially with my collision deduct at $500

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ugh, I can only imagine how you feel. This same thing happened to my friend about two weeks ago. We came home from a work trip and his front bumper was smashed in and several of the pieces that fell off were in the back of bed of the pickup.

Earlier this week I had to dodge a car and I put a nasty scrape in the rear wheel of my camaro when I hit the curb on the center divider.

I am no way an expert on any sort of vehicle repair, but I have seen some of the various "bumper medics" repair some stuff that I thought would have been much more difficult. I would definitely get a second opinion. Hoping for the best for you.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm gonna try and take pics of the bumper tonite to send to a buddy of mine. he lives bout 3 hours south of me but seems to have alot of connections. one of those connections may be a body man. i feel so drained over the whole experience

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's the scuff in the bumper

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Oh wow that really sucks....you can ask this guy from G14...a police cruiser of all cars backed into him:

With all joking aside...I would hunt that Jeep down and beat their ass if it happened to me...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh don't kid yourself i'm going to be on the look for it. and my dually may be making a few more appearances to work over the next little bit. might be kind of hard to see that jeep behind me if i back up in the dually ;)

i think we're gonna hit it with touch up paint this weekend and see if we can't smooth it out a bit and then over the winter when i'm going to have the bumper off putting my halo's in we'll take the bumper in and get the scratch and the rock chips that are already starting fixed at the same time

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Jeep drivers just seem to be messed up. I used to have a friend at my last job whose S-10 got hit by a Jeep leaving the parking lot. The useless supervisors never looked at the surveillance tapes to see who it was.
Thats not true. I only try to hit mustangs. :p Jeeps rule!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
If the scuff is just in the top coat, use some swirl and hase remover with an orbital buffer and give it a try. It is an Adams product. I dont know how deep this issue is by your description.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If the scuff is just in the top coat, use some swirl and hase remover with an orbital buffer and give it a try. It is an Adams product. I dont know how deep this issue is by your description.
i do have a buffer at home and some left over product cuz i just power polished my bronco a couple weeks back. i might just try that and see how it does

thank you for the tip :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts