Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been using 5thgen.org, camaro5.com and other random websites to get info on the new Camaro ever since the 06 Concept rolled out....

I am a 4 time owner of Camaro. My first car was my 84 Z/28 i got for $800. it had everything but the H.O. option. the red was fading and the 305 didn't really work, but it was still a **** good car. I wanted my buddy's 71 chevelle, but my step dad said i couldn't have a fast car, so we get the Z...and what did i do...made it go faster. i eventually blew the 305, (one of the boss pins broke off, the piston lodge itself, and the rod went down and came back up twisted and shattered the the crank, i kept the twisted rod as a memento..) i then built my first motor, 355, started to strip the car of anything that didn't make it go fast. This was all in KS so i didn't have to worry about the man coming down on me with his laws. I did a slap shifter and so forth, but then i built my first 383 stroker, and never did any body work...it was one ugly 3rd gen, but it would pull the front end off the ground, i love that i was the perfect sleeper. but didn't make a good daily driver. so i found a 86 IROC, but that was a junker to, i drop 4 or 5 grand to fix it up to make it kool.... with out going hardcore into the block or body work, i sold it to my then newly 15 year old cousin...and he still has it and it looks great, he put more into, and drives like a little old lady, so good for him. i had to sell it cause i would have drove it into the ground, i am a hard driver.... Then i found my dream Camaro a 92 Z/28 25th anniversary, with everything...i did all the bolt ons with out messing up the collector value, all out...with stereo, eng, tran, everything to make it the ultimate 3rd gen. But i chose to go to college, and i had to sell it to go to school. I went to Wyotech in Laramie WY. got my hot rod job in Cali and been here ever since, then i found my 2000 SS, and i love it to death, it is one of my best and favorite Camaros of all.

So thats where i am with my Personal Camaros....So i am also a part of one of the biggest Camaro Clubs in Northern Cali, and i write the Newsletter for the club, Camaro Generations, www.camarogenerations.com, and thats why i use the web page and others for info of the new Camaro to get it out to the people....

i think i am just rambling on now...so if there are any questions or what have you, feel free...

email [email protected]
myspace myspace.com/speedracer49

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
welcome...nice to see you migrated over. I've been here ever since that "other" site got a little too crowded (and stuffy). I like it here better.;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Whats wrong with Camaro5.com, there are actually a lot of us on both sites and I like them both.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Whats wrong with Camaro5.com, there are actually a lot of us on both sites and I like them both.

nothing is wrong with ANY camaro site;) (well, maybe there is...not really a site, but google "maro boys":eek:)

If you were responding to me, I wasn't necessarily talking about camaro5.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to all, i use 5thgen to talk and find the little details, i have been using it for a long time, i guess i am just getting around to talking to everyone a little more, and camaro5 i use for some photos here and there, but i also have 5thgen on my myspace. i use all the info for my Newsletter here in the greater Sacramento area for Camaro Generations. and i just gave a short bit about myself, i just didnt want to run on and on....i have pics of my camaros and the concept convert on my myspace as well if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
71 Posts
nothing is wrong with ANY camaro site;) (well, maybe there is...not really a site, but google "maro boys":eek:)

If you were responding to me, I wasn't necessarily talking about camaro5.
No, I was responding to Devryn. I actually agree with you that Camaro5 has gotten a little crowded lately, but I expected that after the release. But now I have two sites to browse everyday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh and i have met the Maro Boys in person, they are a different bread of Camaro fans, but hats off to them just for doing it, and loving the Camaro....

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
No, I was responding to Devryn. I actually agree with you that Camaro5 has gotten a little crowded lately, but I expected that after the release. But now I have two sites to browse everyday.
They're sneaky shady little bastards. They watermark images that don't belong to them, then take credit for them in the automotive media. When it's pointed out to them who actually owns the picture and the credit, they ban you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They're sneaky shady little bastards. They watermark images that don't belong to them, then take credit for them in the automotive media. When it's pointed out to them who actually owns the picture and the credit, they ban you.
Really, I hadn't heard that before. I don't have any issues with them right now and hopefully never will. I'm sorry if they did you wrong in the past.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Even better...They didn't exactly ban me. My posts just don't appear to anyone but me and the mods. Nobody else can see them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Even better...They didn't exactly ban me. My posts just don't appear to anyone but me and the mods. Nobody else can see them.
Maybe they think you just like hearing yourself talk?

:D:D:lol::lol: Just kidding buddy sounds like they coming down on you pretty hard for pointing out their issues.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Maybe they think you just like hearing yourself talk?

My favorite part was that they never actually RESPONDED. They never even had the courtesy to say "GFY."

:D:D:lol::lol: Just kidding buddy sounds like they coming down on you pretty hard for pointing out their issues.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
welcome aboard!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts