Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notified that either I take a $120 a week pay cut or I take a hike. :angry: I decided to take a hike because that kind if cut wouldn't allow me to pay my bills.

So I have her up for sale on CL. It's been well taken care of and has a minor door ding and a little curb rash of the front rims. Other than that she runs like great and looks great.

Just hope I find a decent paying job within 2 weeks. If I don't she has to go.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
SO sorry to hear that.

You shouldn't have quit though. You should have made them fire you.

That way you can sit on your butt for a year and a half and collect unemployment and let Obamacare take care of your medical needs.

Afterall, Obamacare is the miracle cure. It's SO good that Congress and Obama don't even get to use it. :D

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I won't do that. I'm 43 and not once collected unemployment or welfare or any of that stuff. I'm still at work till Aug 2. I have to get back into sales again. If I went to another lube shop I'd start at the bottom again and I suppose it could be a good thing to move on.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really think I'm being let go because I'm white. He has said in a "joking" way I'm lazy!!!! Yet I work 55hrs a week and have missed 2 days work. One day for having the shingles and one day when my dad passed away. He's keeping the illegals who work in the car wash and promoting the legal Mexican to my job because he doesn't get paid OT. I'm on salary and the other guy who makes a whopping 9.50 an hour is getting let go cause he gets paid OT. He also is letting the white cashier go for no good reason. The guy is middle eastern btw. I've contacted a lawyer already and he owns several businesses who also happen to not employ white people.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Just think what will happen if they let all the undocumented workers become legal. The pay scale will move backwards again and the unemployment will be over 11%. Even the LEGAL aliens will probably loose their jobs with the flood of the undocumented workers taking the low paying jobs. Plus the border fences aren't fully built and the tidal wave of illegal aliens that will flood into our country will be astounding. This will be a nightmare. America will have been "transformed" into a third world country.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
probably shouldn't say anything at all, but do want to say sorry and good luck finding something ... but there are so many things that are just messed up here

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise...better job, better pay and keep the car!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in the final stage of application with CarMax. I worked for AutoNation and did well so with a little luck I will be okay.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
drop a dime to the INS.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Strick, I'm sorry to hear this. But technically he isn't firing you because you are white, he is letting you go because you won't work for less money. Those are two totally different things. As far as illegals are concerned, this should be reported. And you should report it. Because it isn't fair what he is doing. But still tho, I hope you can find something so you can keep your car. On the other hand, it might be worth considering a $120 cut if and only if you can't find work. Work your budget, cut some excesses, find a part-time job, or something. Good luck man. Keep us posted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts