Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had my new Camaro since mid February and am noticing several different things happening and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems or knows anything about them. Currently my car only has 1,700 miles on it if that matters to anyone.

1. every once in a while I hear a very high pitched whine sound, but cant tell where its coming from.
2. my radio cuts in and out sometimes for a quick second. but not very often
3. when pumping gas, it seems that the way the car is built it makes the pump think the tank is full and auto stop the gas from flowing.. its very annoying trying to fill my tank because I have to hold the pump at a perfect angle in order to keep the gas flowing.
4. a couple times now, when i roll up my passenger window, it rolls half way up then rolls back down.
5. I plugged in my iPhone to the USB and it completely locked up my radio. i couldn't even turn it off or change anything until i pulled over and shut off the car then restarted it.
6. randomly when streaming music over bluetooth, the audio levels cut way down so in order to hear the music i had to have the volume full blast and even then it was hard to hear. again, after i restarted the car it was back to normal.

Anyway, all that said.. I love this car! it is a lot of fun and it gets a lot of attention. if anyone could give me your input on any or all of these issues, i'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm probably not gonna be much help, but if you are listening to XM when the radio cuts out, it's probably the satellite signal being briefly blocked. It happens to mine all the time, but only on XM. As far as the gas issue, you probably don't have the nozzle all the way in. I've noticed that problem once or twice with mine, I pushed the nozzle all the way in and it solved it. Sorry I can't help you with your other issues as I haven't experienced them myself...hope that was a little helpful.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm probably not gonna be much help, but if you are listening to XM when the radio cuts out, it's probably the satellite signal being briefly blocked. It happens to mine all the time, but only on XM. As far as the gas issue, you probably don't have the nozzle all the way in. I've noticed that problem once or twice with mine, I pushed the nozzle all the way in and it solved it. Sorry I can't help you with your other issues as I haven't experienced them myself...hope that was a little helpful.
Hey Shawn, thanks for the response. i think you're right about the XM.. it probably has only been happening while I'm using that. as for the Gas, i've tried everything.. i push it in as hard and far as i can, but no matter what it always cuts off the gas very quickly.. the only way to keep in flowing is to hold it almost straight up and down but i cant just leave in the the car and walk away, plus if i change the angle at all it cuts off the flow again.. which is definitely getting annoying. I may bring it back to the dealer and see if there is anything they can do about that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah, if you've already tried everything else, your best bet is taking it to the dealer and let them figure it out and mention the other problems to them while it's there...nice car by the way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same problem with my iphone. I just figured that the iphone had too much going on and "confused" the system. I started using my ipod instead and haven't had any problems at all.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Never had any of those problems. On the gas I use the slowest tab out of habit, but when I have used faster I've had no problems. I let XM go could not justify the the cost and my Iphone has had no problems on bluetooth or plugged in. If I were you I would take it to the dealer and let them take a look.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
As far as the window messing up in the owners manual it tell you how to reset the window.. this should take care if it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the gas nozzle issue as well, I have to apply continuous pressure and keep the angle right. At least I know I'll never forget it's in and try to drive off. My kid's '10 Mustang is "capless" and much easier to fuel but not near as fun to drive.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I have the gas nozzle issue as well, I have to apply continuous pressure and keep the angle right. At least I know I'll never forget it's in and try to drive off. My kid's '10 Mustang is "capless" and much easier to fuel but not near as fun to drive.
someone on another forum spent $2800 just to put a capless fuel filler in his camaro :facepalm:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sunshn - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thats seen this. but I can say, I've used it several times since then and have had no problems since the initial lock up. I guess we'll see what happens in the future!

bamaproshop - Thats good to know.. thanks. I'll have to take a look.

Chuckduck - Also good to know its not just my car. I have recently noticed it doesn't happen as much, so it must just be certain gas stations have pumps that don't play well with us.

RedJewel2SS - Thats just ridiculous!! There are way better things to do to a Camaro for $2,800!!!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
sunshn - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thats seen this. but I can say, I've used it several times since then and have had no problems since the initial lock up. I guess we'll see what happens in the future!

bamaproshop - Thats good to know.. thanks. I'll have to take a look.

Chuckduck - Also good to know its not just my car. I have recently noticed it doesn't happen as much, so it must just be certain gas stations have pumps that don't play well with us.

RedJewel2SS - Thats just ridiculous!! There are way better things to do to a Camaro for $2,800!!!
Yeah....like turbo it. :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
77 Posts
as far as the high pitched sound, i know w/ mine it is just the air pushing threw the vents (if they are closed). hopefully is something that simple, and even easier to solve. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a thought on the high pitch sound. I know with mine it seems to come more when I am on the gas, making me think that it might just be the air filter whistling a little bit as the engine sucks air. Just thought, don't know it is true.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i use to get the gas problem all the time but one day i pumped a different gas station and it didnt do it... just find a new station and u should be able to pump at full thrust :lol:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello, I know what the problem is with the gas. Sometimes a bubble will form in your fuel tank in the line when filling your car. When this problem happens you just need to back the gas pump out an inch or so so the trapped air can escape. It doesn't happen all the time but this will help you next time it does. The fuel line is not much bigger than the pump and won't let the air out. Hence, some pumps are a little skinnier than others and there is never a problem. Just an FYI for you folks experiencing this problem.

·
8,984 Posts
Ever think the fueling issue is the pump and/or operator?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ever think the fueling issue is the pump and/or operator?

Good Luck!
Are you asking me if I know how to use a gas pump? I mean if so.. Come on. Its only certain gas stations that have the problem and i've pumped plenty of gas in my life without a problem.

CyCam, What you're saying makes sense i'll have to try that next time it happens.. also makes sense why its always at the same gas stations.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts