Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were going on my 68 Camaro with an LS6, but i held them off for the 2010. They are electric , and pretty cool if youve ever been beside a car when they are opened. My question is, does anyone know if they will work on the 2010 and how far back should they be so that back pressure doesnt damage anything in the motor?

·
8,984 Posts
They won't work; sell them to me, $100.

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
They won't work; sell them to me, $100.
^^ lol

$200 I am offering :thumbsup:

Here I am stupid because I have never heard cutouts could damage your motor. My friend ran his LT1 Impala for a month off his performance headers, and the thing has over 180,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: Oh man electric exhaust cutouts are soooo cool. Your sitting there at idle , nice mellow exhaust,, then with the flip of a switch,, BRAPPBRAPPPBARPPBRAPP BWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

First time i ever saw a set i knew I had to have them.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have one on my t-type it sounds like a jet taking off.:gears:

·
8,984 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Are you smoking your pipe again?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Electric exhaust cutouts are awsome the best place to put them is towards the rear but in front of the mufflers back a little ways. keep in mind You have to place them after the O2 sensors. That means after the 1st resonator if you do not want to move the sensors.
I put up a video from youtube of a Z06 with them on..... A 2010Camaro has around the same kind of exhaust setup.
People place them towards the rear or back behind the floorpan because TRUST ME you dont want them below you at open throttle or even at an idle :lol: they are loud enough and imo they sound better towards the rear....you hear more of the growl rather than a bunch of baffleing noise lol

These are actually the exact exhaust cutouts I currently own for my 5thgen lol Dam good quality imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6R1NXesihU

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
You're right.
<_<

Okay so now I understand that putting them too close won't allow all the gas to escape or whatnot and that could ruin the engine overtime but that is with constant usage but I hope if you have cutouts you aren't just driving around with them open all the time, so it's not like you put them too close and whoops, there goes your LS3. (or L99)

As they said, you of course would put them before the mufflers and after your o2 sensors.

·
8,984 Posts
<_<

Okay so now I understand that putting them too close won't allow all the gas to escape or whatnot and that could ruin the engine overtime but that is with constant usage but I hope if you have cutouts you aren't just driving around with them open all the time, so it's not like you put them too close and whoops, there goes your LS3. (or L99)

As they said, you of course would put them before the mufflers and after your o2 sensors.
Again, I don't think you get it.

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
Care to enlighten?

I know of a few 4th Gen camaros locally with cutouts about half way back, on my current car I am running straight pipes and know a few guys with older Camaros and Chevelles (Late ~60's) with cutouts half way back. What am I missing, and clearly all of them as well?

·
8,984 Posts
They won't hurt your engine at all...

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I'm hurting myself or my brain just trying to understand wth yall are talking about myself lol

Cutouts will not hurt your car......place them after the o2 sensor and resonator and infront of the muffler and everything will be ok.
Some People run straight pipe all the time it doesnt hurt there cars but I wouldnt always do it... a little back preasure is good for the automobile.

I'm not sure I may be wrong but todays cars cant really be compared to cars from the 60's in this matter due to computers and sensors. I may be wrong :confused:

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
They won't hurt your engine at all...
ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

You sent me for a **** loop, I started asking all my friends WTH you people were talking about "Damaging your Engine" and they are looked at me like :confused:

How this thread turned to be a joke on me, I don't know but I feel good about myself now. :angry:

:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for that info and posting up the Vette ,DAytona Yellow,, . That is simply the most awesome mod Ive ever seen,,,

Id only ever open them up once in a while, say at the track or a car show.
Maaaaaybe if I see some other target of opportunity ,, say a Mopar or Ford show.
So what Im deducting is that they wont hurt the motor , correct?

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
That is correct, no harm done, just put them after your o2 sensors so you don't throw any codes.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Thanks for that info and posting up the Vette ,DAytona Yellow,, . That is simply the most awesome mod Ive ever seen,,,

Id only ever open them up once in a while, say at the track or a car show.
Maaaaaybe if I see some other target of opportunity ,, say a Mopar or Ford show.
So what Im deducting is that they wont hurt the motor , correct?

As The General up above says It does no harm lol
just watch that video get you two of those bad boys put them in the same location and use them wisely lol They do cause attention so use them right lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts